Buko Pandan, is a Filipino Dessert which is made from, evaporated milk, young coconut strings, tapioca pearls, agar-agar which is also known as JELLO and, condensed milk. If you ever visit the Philippines, buy the Buko Pandan from Chow King, it is so good. They top the Buko Pandan with Coconut ice cream and it’s so delicious.
I remember when I last visited the Philippines, the week I was to leave I visited the mall everyday to eat Buko Pandan. *sigh* Which brings me to announce, I will be visiting Philippines next summer 2015! YEY!! I will be going with my church and we will be doing health seminars and VBS. I cannot wait to go back!!
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video tutorial below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!) and new video posts on FRIDAYS !
Doesn’t it look so delicious!?
- 1 packet of Agar-Agar
- 2 bags shredded young coconut
- ⅔ cups mini green tapioca pearls
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon pandan
- 1 can nestle cream (optional)
- Follow the ingredients to make Agar-Agar.
- To make the tapioca pearls, boil 2 cups water, when water is boiling add tapioca pearls and boil for 15 minutes. Make to keep stirring or the tapioca pearls will stick together. Once tapioca pearls are soft, strain and allow it to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add tapioca pearls, shredded young coconut, condensed milk, evaporated milk, nestle cream, and mix until well combined. Add pandan and continue mixing. Allow the buko pandan to chill for at least 1 hour before serving.