Click to Watch the Step by Step Video:
DAIRY FREE Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 1 cup non hydrogenated margarine, softened (vegan butter)
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1⅔ cups all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl cream together the vegan butter and sugar until it's light and fluffy. Next add the almond milk or your choice of dairy free milk and baking soda and mix until combined.
- Next add the baking soda, salt, cream of tartar, cornstarch, all purpose flour and mix well. Chill the dough for at least 2 hours or best over night.
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare cookie sheets using a baking mat or parchment paper.
- To make the cinnamon sugar mixture, mix together the cinnamon and granulated sugar.
- Using a mini cookie scooper, scoop the cough dough into the cinnamon sugar mixture and roll into a ball, then place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove and cool on cookie rack.