I like cheesecake, but I can only take three bites and I’m done. I wanted to try to make a salted caramel cheesecake because I have become obsessed with salted caramel, in fact everyday for two weeks, I stopped by Starbucks and bought myself a Salted Caramel Frap. Anyway, I made my own caramel sauce recipe which I used to make this cheesecake which you can find here.
I have made cheesecake many times in a regular sized pan and it turned out great, however making mini cheesecake was a bit of a challenge. Some of the few challenges were cracking in the middle of the cheesecake, cheesecake sinking in the middle, and the cheesecake falling apart.
I actually wanted to give up, but I told myself it’s worth it! I realized my first mistake was leaving it in the oven too long, apparently MINI cheesecakes only bake only for 15-20 minutes and that is why it was cracking and sinking in the middle. The cheesecake falling apart only happened because I didn’t wait for an hour for it to solidify. I also made a water bath, so that probably helped. In the end, after many attempts of making the Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecake, the first bite was totally worth it!
I partnered with my friends from YouTube Hani, Cobi, Barbara, and Sav to make a Thanksgiving Dinner. So if you don’t have a menu for Thanksgiving here are some healthy, but delicious food for you and your family!
- 1 pack and half of cream cheese (12 oz), softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg
- ⅛ cup caramel
- ½ cup graham crackers, crushed
- 1 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a medium sized bowl, place graham crackers, butter and mix with fork, then place into mini cheesecake pans.
- In a large bowl add cream cheese and beat until mixed. Add white sugar, heavy whipping cream, egg, caramel and mix until well incorporated. Then add to the cheesecake pans to the rim.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, sit for an hour, and serve.