I thought long and hard about the top 5 baking supplies and I kept going back and forth which brand and what items I should share.
1. Whisk. Using a silicone whisk is perfect for a baker, just because it does not scratch the bottom of the bowl or any dish you maybe using. In addition, it is heat proof and can be easily cleaned and it does not rust.
2. Spatula. I’m such a silicone spatula user when it comes to baking because it’s usually heat proof and it does the job for cleaning out the bowls and mixing. Little tip, you can purchase a decent spatula under $8, do not spend over $8.
3. Cookie Scooper. Actually this is an ice cream scooper, but I use it for making the perfect size cookies. This is so useful especially for cookie lovers who want to have uniformed cookies.
4. Silicone Mat. I highly recommend spending money for a good quality baking mat. It’s easy to clean, you don’t need to oil the baking sheet, and if you like making macarons, this is THE mat to use. I use the Artisan mat, it works so well and I plan to purchase more.
5. Mixing Bowl. Let me tell you, I have gone through five different kinds of mixing bowls and this bowl by Anchor is VERY sturdy. I have manhandled it so many times and it has not broke!