Have you ever tried coloring rolled sugar cookies? The first time I tried was three days ago and I found it to be interesting. Personally, I don’t like getting my hands dirty when I bake, but I thought it was be so cute to make leaf sugar cookies for fall!
I took out my new gel food colorings and squirted some onto a chunk of refrigerated cookie dough and started kneading the cookie. It was so hard, keep in mind that I love baking, but I’m learning as I go, so I wasn’t sure if I was doing it right. Eventually the dough turned into the color I was trying to get, but when it was time to roll out the dough, I didn’t do a very good job and the cookie actually reminded me of the cereal fruity pebbles. (Do you guys remember that cereal?)
Anyway, below is my first batch of cookies.
I love the color of the dough before it was placed into the oven, 2nd attempt
After it was baked in the oven, 2nd attempt.
- Refrigerated cookie dough
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- red coloring
- orange coloring
- yellow coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Divide cookies into 3 equal parts and color the dough
- After coloring dough, saran wrap it and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Divide each dough colors into 1 cm balls and then roll into one large ball.
- Flatten the dough with a rolling pin and cut the dough with cookie cutters
- Bake for 5-8 minutes.