When you say chocolate bread, this recipe is worth keeping! Fluffy, soft, and very filling with the right amount of sugar and chocolate in every bite!
CHOCOLATE!!! At first, when I was making videos on YouTube, I was very disorganized when choosing recipes, so you will be seeing quite a few chocolate recipes in a row. However, I love how I took this picture of the chocolate bread. The sad thing is, I have no idea what setting it was on.
Tips and Tricks for Making This Buttermilk Chocolate Bread Recipe:
- Do you love zucchini bread? You can mix in a bit of zucchini to make it healthier and add in some fiber – now you can call that chocolate zucchini bread 🙂 It would be delicious!
- If you are a peanut butter lover, swirl in a generous amount of peanut butter in the batter just before popping them into the oven.
- Add in some chocolate chips if you love sugar-loading 🙂 It would definitely take your bread to a higher level of deliciousness!
- Do you love banana bread? Well, not a surprise but you can mix mashed ripe bananas in this recipe as well! I just love making versatile recipes for you guys!
How to Make this Buttermilk Chocolate Bread Recipe:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease bread pan or baking boxes, just like what I used for this recipe.
Now, let’s begin!
In a large bowl add sugar and butter:
Beat until light and fluffy, just like so:
Add the eggs and buttermilk and mix well:
Add the all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and mix very well, making sure that the batter has no flour lumps:
In a bread pan add the batter and bake for 40-60 minutes:
Here you go, Simply Bakers! I can imagine your kitchen is smelling AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS now!
You can slice them like so,
OR wrap them with saran wrap and tie a native string or any cute ribbon you might have and give them away as gifts! It is such a delicious treat!@
Frequently Asked Questions for the Buttermilk Chocolate Bread Recipe:
Q: How many servings would this recipe do?
A: I have baked 3 individual 3 x 6 baking boxes out of this recipe, basically 3 loaves of bread.
Q: Can I top this with sugar glaze?
A: Yes you can. it would be a delicious addition to the plating when you serve this bread.
Q: If I add zucchini or mashed bananas to this recipe, how much should I put in?
A: For this recipe, just add half a cup of either zucchini or mashed bananas.
More delicious recipes to try!
- Easy Nutella Cookies only 4 Ingredients
- Best Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Caramel Salted Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cookies ONLY 5 Ingredients
- Caramel Pretzel Cookies
- Cookie Bars
- Lemon Brownies – Quick & Delicious
- Snickers Cookies
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Snickers Oreo Cheesecake
Buttermilk Chocolate Bread
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Optional: ⅓ cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease bread pan
- In a large bowl add sugar and butter and beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and butter milk and mix. Add the all purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and mix very well.
- In a bread pan add the batter and bake for 40-60 minutes
40-60 minutes if using a 8×4 or 9×5 loaf pans
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!