Candy Cane Cake
An easy-breezy Christmas Candy Cane Cake that is so easy to make and great for Christmas and holiday parties
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 8oz whipped topping
- crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and place parchment paper on two, nine inch round pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together sugar, flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cocoa powder.
- Make a well in the middle and add, eggs, milk, oil, vanilla extract and mix about 2 minutes. Add boiling water and continue mixing, batter will be thin. Pour into pans
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, cool for 30-45 minutes.
- Add whipped topping and crushed candy canes, best served chilled.