Try this easy stir-fry cabbage recipe for a healthy and flavorful vegetable side dish! This simple vegan recipe is perfect for a delicious lunch or dinner with a low-carb and gluten-free diet. Enjoy!
What is Stir-Fry Cabbage?
This Stir-Fry Cabbage recipe is a nutritious and delectable vegetable side dish made of fresh ingredients such as stir-fried cabbage slices, bell peppers, and spices tossed in a savory sauce.
It is rich in nutrients, packed with flavor, and easy to create making it ideal for a quick lunch or dinner. It can be served with steamed rice, noodles, roasted vegetables, or on its own.
Learn how to make it in a few easy steps and enjoy a tasty and nutritious dish with your family or loved ones. Check this out and begin cooking soon with our step-by-step recipe!
Health Benefits of Cabbage:
- Promotes heart health.
- Lowers cholesterol levels.
- Improves digestive health.
- Helps regulate blood pressure.
- Rich in antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins.
Tips and Procedures:
- It may seem too much at first; however, as the cabbage cooks, it shrinks enough to feed 4 people.
- You may sprinkle red chili flakes at the end to add a lovely nice kick to the cabbage stir-fry.
- Avoid overcooking so that the crispness of the cabbage slices will remain.
- Feel free to adjust or customize this recipe according to your taste. You may use low-sodium soy sauce or add ginger slices, shredded carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower to this easy stir-fry recipe.
- Storage: Keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container. Then, reheat on low medium heat and add a touch of rice vinegar to perk up the cabbage.
How to Make Stir Fry Cabbage:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- olive oil
- red onion
- garlic cloves
- red bell pepper
- green bell pepper
- vegetable broth
- soy sauce
- oyster mushroom sauce
- smoked paprika
- ground black pepper
- spring onions
Core and shred the cabbage into pieces, wash and dry well; set it aside:
Heat a wok or pan over high heat, add the oil, and saute onion slices and minced garlic for a minute. Toss in bell peppers, and shredded cabbage and continue sauteing for 4 minutes stirring occasionally:
Add vegetable broth, soy sauce, and oyster mushroom sauce and mix well. Then, continue tossing for another 3 minutes until the cabbage has wilted. Season with smoked paprika, ground black pepper, and salt, and garnish with chopped spring onions and serve immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Cut the cabbage in half from the top down through the core. Place the cut-side down on your cutting board and slice as thinly as possible around the core to create fine ribbons. Then, remove the core.
Yes, because it is low in carbs and rich in vitamins and nutrients.
It only takes a few minutes to fry a cabbage, like 5-10 minutes, which makes it a perfect dish for quick meals.
Easy Stir Fry Cabbage
- 1 medium cabbage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup red onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 red bell peppers thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster mushroom sauce
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon spring onions chopped
- Core and shred the cabbage into pieces, wash and dry well; set it aside.
- Heat a wok over high heat, add the oil, and saute onion slices and minced garlic for a minute.
- Toss in bell peppers, shredded cabbage and continue sauteing for 4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetable broth, soy sauce, and oyster mushroom sauce and mix well.
- Continue tossing for another 3 minutes until the cabbage has wilted.
- Season with smoked paprika, ground black pepper, and salt, and garnish with chopped spring onions and serve immediately.
2. You may sprinkle red chili flakes at the end to add a lovely nice kick to the cabbage stir-fry.