Grilled Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Grilled Eggplant with Coconut Milk is an easy, savory vegetarian dish that is a favorite of almost all Filipinos because of the perfect balance of grilled Eggplants and creamy coconut milk!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 people 1x
- 4 medium eggplants
- 5 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, julienne
- 1 tablespoon leeks or green onions
- 1 1/2 cup coconut cream
- chilli peppers, optional
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Wash all ingredients.
- Pre-heat grill pan to 250F. Prick eggplant on all sides so it won’t burst during the grilling process.
- Add the eggplant to the grill, and grill the eggplants by turning them frequently to ensure even cooking. Grill until the skins are dark brown or black, and eggplant is soft to touch.
- After grilling, allow the eggplant to cool, then peel off the skin. Something to note, if eggplant is green, you’ve grilled it correctly.
- Next slice eggplant into four parts, then add to a large bowl.
- Add tomatoes, onions, bell pepper, leeks or green onions to the eggplant, coconut cream and mix until combined. Feel free to add chili peppers if you like it spicy.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Best served immediately.
**Feel free to use charcoal in grilling the eggplants or boil the eggplants until it is cooked
Keywords: grilled eggplant with coconut milk