Discover the creamy richness of this easy homemade oat milk recipe, a healthy and tasty dairy alternative! You’ll be savoring the natural flavors and health benefits of this plant-based milk in no time. Try it today and take your drinks and recipes to the next level!
What is Homemade Oat Milk?
This Homemade Oat Milk recipe is an easy and healthy 5-ingredient plant-based drink recipe, a perfect alternative to dairy milk products.
It is packed with milky taste, creamy goodness, and health benefits from the delicious mixture of old-fashioned oats, Medjool dates, cinnamon powder, water, and vanilla which makes it a healthy option for dairy-free and vegan diets.
It is perfect to pair with baked goods, cereals, granola, and more. Try this simple non-dairy milk recipe and enjoy the goodness of homemade oat milk!
Health Benefits of Oats:
- Rich in nutrients.
- Aids weight loss.
- Loaded with antioxidants.
- Controls blood sugar levels.
- Lowers cholesterol level and blood pressure.
- Good source of fiber which promotes digestive health.
Tips and Procedures:
- Nut milk bags can be used to strain the oat pulp.
- You may use other sweeteners such as maple syrup, sugar, or honey in this recipe.
- It is better to use old-fashioned oats or rolled oats in this oat milk recipe rather than quick oats and steel-cut oats.
- Use cocoa powder to make delicious chocolate oat milk.
- You can add the leftover oat pulp from straining to baking dishes, oatmeal porridge, smoothies, or hummus.
- This homemade oat milk recipe is customizable, so feel free to make some tweaks according to your taste preference. You may also add or reduce the ingredients, based on their availability.
- Storage: Pour the oat milk into a mason jar or container that can be sealed and keep it in the coldest area of the fridge, not on the door, for 2 to 4 days. Make sure it’s completely covered and give it a good shake before using. Discard if the smell of the oat milk is different or not good.
How to Make Homemade Vegan Oat Milk:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
Remove the pit from the dates if they are not pitted yet. Make sure your water is cold, otherwise, the oat milk can become slimy.
Add all ingredients to the blender and blend for 30-60 seconds. Then, using a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth, strain the milk and discard the oat pulp:
Keep cool for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy a healthy non-dairy drink!
Frequently Asked Questions:
It has a nutty taste with a fresh oats flavor that’s rich and creamy.
Avoid over-blending your oat milk. Another method to avoid separation is to pour the oat milk into the cup first. After you’ve added the oat milk, slowly pour in the desired amount of hot coffee or drinks.
Yes. It is not just healthy but economical, too.
Homemade Vegan Oat Milk
- 6 cups cold water
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 medjool dates pitted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Add all ingredients in the blender and blend for about 45-60 seconds. (If using a highspeed blender about 45 seconds)
- Using a strainer or cheesecloth, strain the milk and discard the oat pulp.
- Keep cool for up to 2 weeks.