Lemon cookies are always a fresh addition to your cookie recipes! Enjoy the fresh burst of lemon flavor from these soft and delicious Lemon cookies which contains fresh lemon juice and lemon zest!
I want to show you, Simply Bakers where I got my fresh lemons! We have a lot of them in our backyard and this always pushes me to make delicious lemon desserts.
Tips on How to Make Lemon Cookies:
- Make sure to sift the powdered sugar because if you don’t, you are going to have lumpy cookie dough.
- Use a stand mixer when kneading a larger batch of Lemon Cookies dough.
- Melt the butter completely so that it will incorporate well on the cookie dough.
- To save time, zest the lemon in advance and also, take the juice out a night before baking the Lemon cookies.
How to Make Lemon Cookies:
These are the ingredients that you will need:
- all-purpose flour
- white sugar
- lemon zest
- lemon juice
- baking soda
- baking powder
- corn syrup
Preheat oven 325 degrees F, then start mixing butter and sugar until fluffy:
Then add egg and corn syrup and mix. Next, add the lemon zest and lemon juice:
In a separate bowl mix, all-purpose flour and baking soda then add it to the wet ingredients:
Refrigerate for at least one hour:
Bake for 12-15 minutes for large cookies:
Frequently Asked Questions for the Lemon Cookies Recipe:
Q: How do you store Lemon Cookies Cookies?
A: After cooling them completely, keep them in an airtight container to keep them fresh longer.
Q: How can I keep my cookies from spreading too much?
A: You can leave them as cookie balls before you bake them. In that way, the spread of the cookie will not be as much compared to when you flatten the dough.
Q: Can I double the recipe?
A: Yes for sure! You might want to use a stand mixer when you are doing a larger batch of cookies.
More delicious Lemon dessert recipes:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon corn syrup
- Preheat oven 325 degrees F
- Mix butter and sugar until fluffy then add egg and corn syrup and mix. Next add the lemon zest and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl mix all purpose flour and baking soda then add it to the wet ingredients.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes for large cookies
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!