A must-try Filipino crispy snack in a vegetarian way – Mushroom Chicharon!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 people 1x
- Cuisine: Filipino
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon annatto powder (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of water
- 120 grams oyster mushroom, wash with water
- 2 cup of breadcrumbs*
- In a saucepan, add 1 cup of coconut oil and heat until hot.
- In a bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients except the bread crumbs.
- Add water and mix until well combined.
- Add oyster mushroom in the flour mixture and submerge all parts.
- From the flour mixture, roll oyster mushroom in breadcrumbs, and deep fry mushroom until it’s golden brown.
- Strain and drain mushrooms to remove oil.
- Serve hot
*all purose flour is an optional batter