Enjoy a decadent and chocolatey dessert with this easy No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Cake recipe! With a few ingredients only, you can have this delicious and dairy-free cake that is perfect for Christmas parties or any occasion!
What is No Bake Vegan Chocolate Cake?
Vegan Chocolate Cake is a simple and delicious no-bake dessert that can be made in just 10 minutes then chilled overnight. It is made with well-mixed dark chocolate, margarine, digestive cookies, coconut milk, plant-based milk, and agar-agar chilled in a springform pan. This easy, flourless, and dairy-free cake is a great dessert recipe for holiday parties or any occasion.
Try this easy vegan cake recipe and enjoy the rich chocolatey goodness of this decadent treat made with just a few simple ingredients. This can be the best vegan chocolate cake recipe you can ever make. Check this out!
Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate:
- Improves vision
- Packed with nutrients
- A powerful source of antioxidants
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces heart disease risk
- Protects the skin from the sun
- Improves brain function
- Reduces the risk of diabetes
Tips and Procedures:
- To make the cake look more beautiful, I recommend using a round mold and spreading margarine all over it. By doing so, you will be later able to remove the cake from the mold without any problems.
- Feel free to use any small container or dish if you don’t have a springform pan. Just make sure you line it first with some parchment or wax paper so that it’s easier to remove the cake.
- You may use dark chocolate chips or cacao powder for the chocolate flavor.
- Alternatively, you can use vegan butter if margarine is not available.
- You may use almond milk for plant-based milk.
- Optional toppings: fresh raspberries, cacao nibs, salt flakes, coconut shavings, and chocolate shavings, dried fruit, and chocolate ganache
- Storage: This cake holds up well at room temperature. Just cover it loosely with waxed paper and keep it in a cool place. It can also be covered with foil or plastic wrap then chilled in the refrigerator for up to four days.
How to Make No Bake Vegan Chocolate Cake:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- dark chocolate
- digestive cookies or graham crackers
- coconut milk
- plant-based milk
- agar agar
In a food processor, add 3 oz dark chocolate, margarine, cookies in the food processor and process until it’s crumbly:
Evenly spread the crust in the springform pan and press it with a spoon to make sure it’s packed, then place in the fridge:
In a large pot over medium heat, add coconut milk, the plant-based milk, the rest of the chocolate and mix until combined.
In a small bowl, dissolve the agar agar and water, then pour the mixture into the pot and stir until chocolate melts, about 5 minutes. Next, pour the mixture into the crust and refrigerate for 6 hours or best overnight:
Once the cake is firm, decorate with fruits and serve. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, a hand mixer can function as a useful substitute for a food processor.
You may use chocolate buttercream or salted peanut butter frosting.
Vegetable oil can moisten your cakes. It stays a liquid at room temperature, while butter solidifies.
No Bake Vegan Chocolate Cake
- 18 oz high quality dark chocolate divided
- ⅓ cup margarine
- 6 oz digestive cookies
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 teaspoon agar-agar
- ½ cup water
- In a food processor, add 3 oz dark chocolate, margarine, cookies in the food processor and process until it’s crumbly.
- Evenly spread the crust in the springform pan and press it with a spoon to make sure it's packed, then place in the fridge.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add coconut milk, the plant-based milk, the rest of the chocolate and mix until combined.
- While the chocolate is melting, in a small bowl, dissolve the agar agar and water, then pour the mixture into the pot and stir until chocolate melts, about 5 minutes.
- Next, pour the mixture into the crust and refrigerate for 6 hours or best overnight.
- Once the cake is firm, decorate with fruits and serve.