When baking your favorite sweet treats, you need a perfectly softened butter in almost all of your recipes. Is your butter rock-hard and not so ready to use? Here are some tips:
- If you have enough time, pull out your butter and let it sit on your kitchen counter and soften it by leaving it at room temperature.
- One quicker way to soften your butter is to cut it up in small cubes and it will soften more quickly at room temperature.
- To shorten the softening time of butter, you can place it in between two parchment papers and pound it several times on both sides with a rolling pin to flatten it and quickly soften it.
- Got your hand mixer handy? You can also beat your butter for a much quicker way and you can use them in no time.
- Pop it in your microwave! But this method calls for much skills, haha! You don’t want to use super melted butter, so you have to carefully watch how softened it has become and use short time increments, say 15 seconds and regularly check if it has softened to your liking.
- The last but certainly not the least tip, is to grate your butter. This takes much time though, but if you have all the time to spend on grating, this method also works just fine.