- In a pan over low heat, add 3 cups of water, ¼ cup brown sugar, and stir dissolved.
- Add unflavored gulaman and stir for 3-5 mins or until frothy.
- Turn off heat and pour into a glass container, and cool for 20 mins and slice into small cubes (see pictures).
- In a pot over medium heat, add 4 cups water (add 1 more cup if needed), and bring to boil.
- Add ⅓ cup sago pearls and cook until sago pearls are tender and translucent.
- Using a strainer, separate the sago and hot water. Then pour cold water on the sago to avoid sticking.
- In a pan over low heat, add 1 cup brown sugar and caramelized sugar, make sure to keep an eye and stir, so the sugar does not stick to the pan.
- Once it is caramelized, carefully pour in 3 ⅓ cups water and stir until well combined. Make sure that the caramelized sugar does not burn because it will give a bitter flavor. Allow to cool for 20 minutes.
Assembling the Sago Gulaman:
- In large glasses, add ice, gulaman, cooked sago and juice mixture. Best served cold and individual servings.