This Salted Caramel Bundt Cake is simple to make, and has a wonderful moist crumb, with a caramelized and flavorful crust. Finished with caramel and salt, this cake is perfect for brunch or afternoon tea.
First of all, I was not a fan of caramel at all. In fact, I avoided it at all cost only because when I was in high school, the caramel always stuck to my braces and I had a hard time cleaning it out.
However, just this past year I’ve grown to love eating caramel, especially any recipes that have the phrase “salted caramel”. I really hope you enjoy this recipe and let me know what is your favorite salted caramel recipe!
Tips on How to Make Salted Caramel Bundt Cake
- Always sift dry ingredients like flour, baking powder, baking soda, and even sugar. It will help you achieve a smoother batter in a shorter period of time.
- For your cake to cool down faster take it out from the pan and let it sit on a cooling wire rack.
- If you want mini bundt cakes, you can use the same recipe but just use smaller bundt cake pans.
- Always have a cooking spray handy in your kitchen. It will make your baking and cooking sessions so much easier.
- Feel free to omit the caramel sauce and use icing sugar instead or go without the sauce completely. It will still taste just as good.
How to Make Salted Caramel Bundt Cake:
As always, before starting working on any baking recipe, preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease bundt pan generously.
In the same bowl, make a well in the middle and add eggs and milk:
Start mixing it with a wire whisk or you can also use a hand-held mixer or a stand mixer:
Mix it until well combined:
Pour into bundt pan and bake for 40-50 minutes:
This is it! Allow your bundt cake to cool down for about 15-20 minutes until it’s ready to be glazed:
While waiting for the cake to cool down, you can make the caramel glaze.
Pour the caramel glaze over bundt cake and sprinkle with sea salt for that perfect sweet and salty taste:
Just by staring at the picture makes my mouth salivate for more salted caramel recipes!
Here is a full video of the Salted Caramel Bundt Cake and the recipe is below the video!
Salted Caramel Bundt Cake
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 package butterscotch flavored instant pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ stick of butter
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease bundt pan generously.
- In a large bowl mix yellow cake mix, pudding mix and mix until well combined. In the same bowl, make a well in the middle and add eggs, milk and mix until well combined. Pour into bundt pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.
- For glaze, in a medium sized pot and the heat over low-medium heat, add the sugar and whisk constantly for 3-5 minutes.
- When sugar becomes slightly sticky, add butter and continue whisking until well combined, this will take about 4-5 minutes. Remove from the stove.
- In the same pot, add heavy cream and stir until caramel is thick and cream. Pour glaze into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Pour the caramel glaze over bundt cake and sprinkle with sea salt.