How to boil ube (purple yam):
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the purple yams and cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until they are soft and tender.
How to make Ube Ice Candy:
- In a bowl, add ube and 1 cup water and mix until there are no lumps, set aside.
- In another bowl, add 2 cups water and cassava flour and mix until well combined, set aside.
- In a pot over medium heat, add 5 cups water and bring to a rolling boil. Add sugar and mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Next add cassava mixture and stir continuously.
- Add ube mixture, ube flavoring and stir until well combined. The mixture will turn purple.
- Add condensed milk, evaporated milk and continue to mix until well combined.
- Allow to cool for 30 mins and transfer in popsicle molds or ice candy plastic
If using a popsicle mold:
- Evenly pour ube mixture into the popsicle molds.
If using ice candy bag:
- You will need a funnel and a ladle.
- Insert the tip of the funnel in the ice candy bag and ladle the mango mixture. Make sure to leave at least 2 inches for tying.
- Twist the ice candy bag to seal the mixture and knot tightly.
- Repeat until there is no ube mixture left.