Cook this authentic Filipino dish called Adobong kangkong in a just a few minutes – simple ingredients with great nutritional value!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stir-Fry
- Cuisine: Filipino
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small red onion
- 5–6 garlic, minced
- 1 bundle of kangkong (water spinach)
- 2 chilli peppers
- 5 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 6–7 peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Trim about 2 inches of the kangkong stalks and discard.
- Remove the leaves and cut the sturdier stalks from the softer stalks of the kangkong. Wash thoroughly and drain well.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, preheat oil and saute garlic and onion until golden brown.
- Add kangkong stems and saute until it softens or about 2 minutes
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, peppercorn, salt, pepper, brown sugar, mix and allow it to saute.
- Next, add the remaining kangkong, chilli peppers and allow it to simmer for 5 minutes (no need to add water because kangkong is watery) cover with a lid until leaves are cooked about 2-3 minutes
- Best serve hot with steamed rice
Keywords: Adobong Kangkong