Try this delicious Filipino Soup made vegan! Tinola Manok (Chicken Soup). It’s heartwarming, delicious, and addicting!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4-5 servings 1x
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Filipino
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cup tofu cut into large cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons ginger mashed and chopped*
- 1 medium tomato cut in quarters*
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups unripe papaya, cut into long chunks
- 1 thread lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon chicken-like seasoning*
- 1 bell pepper julienne cut
- 2 chili peppers*
- 1 cup moringa leaves
- In a pan over medium heat, add 3 tablespoons coconut oil, and once the oil is hot, fry tofu until golden brown. Place fried tofu on a plate lined with paper towels to remove access oil.
- In the same pan add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, and saute garlic, onion, ginger, tomato unttil the onion is translucent.
- Next, add water and cover with a lid and bring it to a boil, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add papaya, cover with the lid and allow the soup to boil again.
- Then add lemongrass and cover for 2 minutes.
- Add fried tofu, salt, pepper, chicken-like seasoning, bell pepper, chili peppers, moringa leaves, and turn off the heat.
- Best served with steamed rice.
Keywords: Tinola, Tinolang Tofu