These delicious and hearty noodles are made with kalabasa and a few simple ingredients. It's a great alternative to the traditional red sauce.
Servings: 3 -4 servings
For the sauce:
- Steam squash until soft, about 10-15 minutes then set aside.
- In a blender, add squash, soaked cashew nuts, red pimientos, white pepper powder, garlic powder, Himalayan salt, 1 ¼ cup coconut milk, nutritional yeast and blend until creamy.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over low heat, then add garlic and sauté until lightly golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add sauce, oregano, basil, and the remaining ¼ cup of coconut cream, mix, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and serve topped with the sauce. Feel free to season with salt and pepper.