Try making this easy Chili Oil Fried Rice recipe for a quick breakfast meal packed with umami flavor and a kick of spice! If you have leftover rice at home, this vegan fried rice recipe is a great and healthy option!
What is Chili Oil Fried Rice?
This Chili Oil Fried Rice recipe is a tasty, easy-to-make breakfast recipe that you can use to squeeze the most flavor out of the chili peppers in your kitchen. It is a delicious variation of the traditional Filipino Fried Garlic Rice or Sinangag. The chili oil deliciously adds aroma and spice to this fried rice and is a great option for a quick and easy breakfast that can be done in just under 20 minutes. You can enjoy this dish with your favorite viand. If you love spicy dishes, make sure to try this chili oil fried rice recipe. Keep reading for the super easy cooking steps with a recipe card. Enjoy!
Health Benefits of Chili:
- Aids hair growth.
- Improves skin health.
- Enhances bone health.
- Promotes cardiovascular health.
- Boosts the body’s immunity and muscle mass.
Tips and Procedures:
- You can use a variety of mushrooms, from button, and white mushrooms, to shiitake mushrooms.
- Always use day-old rice rather than freshly cooked rice since it has a firmer texture and can stand the high heat of the wok or pan. Long-grain white rice or brown rice can do for this recipe.
- You may add a teaspoon of red chili flakes if you want the spiciness sings on.
- Feel free to add a liberal amount of garlic to make chili garlic fried rice.
- Alternatively, any homemade chili oil can do for this fried rice recipe if Chinese chili oil with flakes is unavailable.
- Topping options: chopped scallions or cilantro, sesame seeds, lemon wedges, or cucumber slices.
- Optional: Feel free to do some tweaks such as adding vegetables of your choice such as carrot, green beans, or cabbage, soy sauce or vegetarian oyster sauce, tofu blocks or eggs, ginger or a pinch of turmeric, or using black salt.
- Storage: Let the leftover fried rice cool then refrigerate in an airtight storage container or a ziplock plastic bag for 3-4 days. Make sure to remove as much air as possible from the bag before sealing. Reheat it on low heat and stir frequently to prevent it from burning.
How to Make Chili Oil Fried Rice:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- day-old brown rice
- Chinese chili oil with flakes
- vegetable oil
- red bell pepper
- canned sweetcorn kernels
- garlic powder
- ground black pepper
- spring onions
Mix chili oil and the day-old rice together in a mixing bowl; set aside.
Add oil to a heated wok and saute bell peppers, sweetcorn kernels, and mushrooms for 2 minutes on high heat:
Toss the rice mixture and continue tossing and mixing for another 6 minutes. Sprinkle garlic powder, salt, and ground black pepper. Sprinkle with chopped spring onions and serve immediately:
Enjoy the spicy and savory taste of this delicious fried rice!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, chili oil can be a great option used for stir-fries.
Sichuan chili oil is a staple in Chinese cuisine and a common condiment on restaurant tables.
Aside from using it for fried rice, you can use it as a dipping sauce, include it in pasta dishes, pour it over salads, or serve it with vegetables or proteins.
Chili Oil Fried Rice
- 2½ cups day-old brown rice
- 2 tablespoons Chinese chili oil with flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper finely diced
- ½ cup canned sweetcorn kernels drained
- ½ cup mushrooms sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon spring onions chopped
- Mix the day-old rice and chili oil together in a mixing bowl; set aside.
- Add oil to a heated wok and saute bell peppers, sweetcorn kernels, and mushrooms for 2 minutes on high heat.
- Toss the rice mixture and continue tossing and mixing for another 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, salt, and ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle with chopped spring onions and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply