I live in Southern California and during the summers, the temperature hits as high as 110 degrees Fahrenheit. So making these no-bake cookie dough bites paired with ice cream is perfect for this hot weather!
Tips & Procedures:
- Feel free to use maple syrup as a natural sweetener.
- Toast the raw flour before using it for this no-bake cookie dough bites recipe. Heating it up will eliminate any risk of bacteria.
- It’s important to sift the flour before toasting as it’s not yummy to eat lumps of flour.
- Feel free to substitute almond flour for all-purpose flour with a 1:1 ratio. You can also use coconut flour: 1 cup all-purpose flour = ¼-⅓ cup coconut flour.
- You may use vegan butter (or coconut oil), peanut butter, or almond butter in this recipe to help the bites bind together and if you want to make it extra creamy.
- Add more flavor and texture to the raw cookie dough ball by adding raisins, mini m&ms, or even walnuts!
- Storage: In an airtight container, the cookie dough can be stored for up to 3 days, longer if frozen.
How to Make Cookie Dough Bites:
Ingredients you will need:
In a large bowl add butter, brown sugar, granulated, and beat until light and fluffy
Add vanilla extract, salt, and mix until well combined:
Add the flour and mix well until all of the flour has been nicely incorporated:
Add mini chocolate chips and mix:
Take a clump of dough and roll it into 1 inch balls:
Line your tray with parchment paper and place your rolled edible cookie dough. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes:
Serve and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
These cookie dough bites are safe to be eaten raw for two reasons. The first reason is that the flour is heated to a safe temperature before being added to the dough. Secondly, this recipe doesn’t use a raw egg!
Look at it- if it has grown any mold or if it smells, then you can toss it in the trash. You will also notice that the edges start to discolor and turn darker as they go bad—they will likely be hard instead of doughy as well.
It can be baked for five minutes at 350 degrees.
Step by Step Video:
Looking for more No-Bake dessert recipes? Check out these easy recipes:
- Truffle Cookie Dough
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- No Bake Nutella Cookies
- Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cookie Dough Bites
- 1 cup all purpose flour sifted
- ½ cup butter softened
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cups mini chocolate chips
- In a nonstick pan over medium high heat, add the flour and toast for about 5 minutes, set aside.
- In a large bowl add butter, brown sugar, granulated and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract, salt and mix until well combined
- Mix in cooled down flour.
- Add mini chocolate chips and mix.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Can be eaten as is, or add to your favorite homemade ice cream.