These mini chocolate cupcakes are seriously delicious and moist and baked from scratch! The ingredients you will need for these fudgy and moist mini chocolate cupcakes are commonly found in your pantry. Make these mini chocolate cupcakes because they are so easy to whip up and are perfect for Christmas, Valentine’s day, and birthday parties!
I really love chocolate and the great thing about this recipe is, you only need one bowl to mix all the ingredients! How awesome is that?! My friend Amber from SweetAmbs shared this recipe with me which she said was inspired by Martha Stewart. Hope you guys enjoy this yummy chocolate cupcake!
Tips and Tricks for Making This Mini Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe:
- You can place mini chocolate chips or nuts in the batter before baking it. Doing so makes these mini chocolate cupcakes extra special!
- If you love chocolate frosting on your cupcakes and don’t want to make it yourself, you can use store-bought chocolate frostings which taste so good!
- Don’t forget to sift all the dry ingredients before mixing. It is best to make sure you get no lumps in your baked cupcakes.
How to Make this Mini Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Mini Chocolate Cupcakes and once the ingredients are all ready, let’s begin!
- all-purpose flour
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- baking soda
- eggs + 1 yolk
- vegetable oil
- vanilla extract
- warm water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line mini cupcake pan.
In a large bowl, sift, flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt:
Mix well until combined:
In the same bowl, make a well in the middle, add egg, milk, vegetable, oil, vanilla extract, and water:
Mix well using a ladle or a handheld mixer, whichever you love to use in mixing batters:
The final cupcake batter should look like this – shiny and slightly sticky. Make sure to get rid of lumps by mixing it well:
Pour batter into the pan and bake for 18-20 minutes. Let cool before putting them in individual packs:
I used transparent clear cellophane bags in packing these cupcakes:
I placed three mini chocolate cupcakes in each pack:
For the tags, I simply folded a printed art paper and stapled it to the cellophane bags to close it:
Frequently Asked Questions for the Mini Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe:
Q: What should I add to cupcakes to make them moist?
A: Cupcakes become moist if they have the right amount of milk, butter, and eggs, but be very careful in the measurements. Adding too much of any ingredient like butter can make your cupcakes too dense.
Q: How do you know when cupcakes are done?
A: After the set baking time of the cupcake, insert a toothpick in the center of the cupcake. When it comes out clean, then your cupcakes are perfectly baked.
Q: How do I make this cupcake recipe vegan?
A: Replace the milk with any vegan milk like soy milk or almond milk. For the eggs, you can use egg replacers.
Q: Can you make cupcakes without cupcake liners?
A: Yes! Use an oven-safe nonstick muffin pan in baking your cupcakes.
Q: How do I store cupcakes after baking?
A: You can pack them in plastic or in airtight containers and chill them.
Here are more cupcake recipes you can try! Happy Baking!
- 3 Ingredient Chocolate Cupcakes
- White Chocolate Strawberry Cupcakes
- Nutella Cupcakes
- Vanilla Cupcakes
Mini Chocolate Cupcakes
These mini chocolate cupcakes are seriously delicious and moist – perfect for Christmas, Valentine’s day, and birthday parties!
- Category: Dessert
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs + 1 yolk
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line mini cupcake pan
- In a large bowl, sift, flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In the same bowl, make a well in the middle, add egg, milk, vegetable, oil, vanilla extract, water, and mix.
- Pour batter into the pan and bake for 18-20 minutes.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!