Buko Pandan is a traditional Filipino Dessert which is a staple dessert for most Filipino get togethers. Some of the notable ingredients in this dessert is the pearls and the agar-agar.
If you ever visit the Philippines, purchase the Buko Pandan from Chow King, it is so good. They top the Buko Pandan with coconut ice cream and it’s so delicious.
I remember when I visited the Philippines in 2009, the week I was to leave, I visited the mall everyday to eat Buko Pandan. *sigh* Which brings me to announce, I will be visiting Philippines next summer 2015! YEY!! I will be going with my church and we will be doing health seminars and VBS. I cannot wait to go back!!
Buko Pandan a traditional Filipino Dessert made with agar-agar, coconut strings, pearls, evaporated milk, and condense milk.
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video tutorial below.
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! It’s free and new video post on Thursdays!
Doesn’t it look so delicious!?
- 1 packet of Agar-Agar
- 2 bags shredded young coconut
- ⅔ cups mini green tapioca pearls
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon pandan
- 1 can nestle cream (optional)
- Follow the ingredients to make Agar-Agar.
- To make the tapioca pearls, boil 2 cups water, when water is boiling add tapioca pearls and boil for 15 minutes. Make to keep stirring or the tapioca pearls will stick together. Once tapioca pearls are soft, strain and allow it to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add tapioca pearls, shredded young coconut, condensed milk, evaporated milk, nestle cream, and mix until well combined. Add pandan and continue mixing. Allow the buko pandan to chill for at least 1 hour before serving.