Try this delicious Magic Cake recipe which is delicious and easy to make! It’s an effortless batter split into 3 distinct layers as it bakes in this pleasing magic cake that marks a creamy custard in the middle.
Have you heard of Magic Cake? You are probably wondering why it’s called magic cake and I will tell you why. If you check out the second picture it has a layer of custard, but I didn’t add that after I baked the cake. The custard formed while it was baking!!!! That is why some people call it Magic Custard Cake! How neat, right?
This Magic Cake is such an easy dessert to make and it is a fun cake to take to potlucks because of the added custard layer! Your friends will be asking for the recipe as soon as they take their first bite!
Also, there are other flavors of magic cake as well, should I try them? Let me know in the comments!
Tips and Tricks for Making This Magic Cake Recipe:
- When adding the egg whites to the batter, it is important to remember to just “fold”. Folding means, the lighter mixture, such as beaten egg whites, is being placed on top of the heavier one, such as the cake batter. From the back of the bowl, a large rubber spatula is used to cut down vertically through the two mixtures, across the bottom of the bowl and up the nearest side.
- Don’t forget to grease your baking dish or baking pan before pouring on the cake batter.
- For a more festive look, top with whipped cream or powdered sugar before serving.
- You can make this into a chocolate magic custard cake by just adding cocoa powder then adjust the sugar content accordingly.
How to Make this Magic Cake Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Magic Cake. Once the ingredients are all ready, let’s begin!
To save time, preheat oven to 350F before starting to mix the ingredients. Also, do not forget to generously grease 8×8 inch pan.
Separate eggs and add egg whites to a mixer and beat until stiff. Place egg whipped whites in another bowl and set aside:
In the mixing bowl add egg yolk, butter, sugar, and mix. Then add vanilla extract:
Add the all-purpose flour, then gradually add milk:
Fold in egg whites carefully. Make sure not to mix. Use the folding method so your cake won’t “drop” after baking:
Gently pour the batter into the pan and bake for 40-45 minutes:
Allow to cool for 30 minutes, sprinkle powdered sugar and serve:
Check out that layer of wonderfulness! Delicious!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Magic Cake Recipe:
Q: Does the butter need to be unsalted?
A: Yes, it should be. In baking, it is much easier to use unsalted butter so that it won’t alter the taste of the dessert you are baking.
Q: Should this cake be refrigerated?
A: I like serving this cake chilled but you can also opt to serve this a few minutes after cooling it.
Q: How long should I whip the egg whites?
A: There is no standard length of time to whipping the egg whites. It is best to observe that you see soft peaks, that’s when you know you can stop whipping.
More Easy Cake Recipes to try:Print
A soft, delicious Magic Cake that has a heavenly custard layer, perfect for all occasions!
- 4 eggs (whites separated from yolks)
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups warm milk
- powdered sugar for dusting the cake
- Pre heat oven to 350F. Generously grease 8×8 inch pan.
- Separate eggs and add egg whites to a mixer and beat until stiff. Place egg whites in a another bowl and set aside.
- In the mixing bowl add egg yolk, butter, sugar and mix. Then add vanilla extract. Add flour, then gradually add milk. Fold in egg whites
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes, sprinkle powdered sugar and serve.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!