I’m always looking for ways to not use my oven during the California summers. It always HOT around July with at least 100 degrees F weather and my parents being Filipino parents, don’t want to turn on the aircon also know as AC in the US.
So as much as possible I don’t turn on the oven unless it’s 9 pm. And this is where the no-bake oreo cheesecake comes in, it was super hot and I wanted to eat cheesecake without baking it! It turned out pretty awesome and I hope you guys enjoy it!
Tips and Procedures:
- When smashing or crushing the Oreos, you can use a mason jar, or a mortar and pestle, if you don’t have a rolling pin.
- Be careful in incorporating the crushed Oreos into the cream cheese and condensed milk mixture. Remember to just FOLD – do not mix. This will keep the mixture still fluffy after adding in the crushed Oreos.
- You can opt to use mint Oreos or any of your favorite oreo variants.
- Drizzle chocolate ganache or even some condensed milk before serving (this will make it extra sweet).
- Storage: This can be stored for up to 1-3 days in the refrigerator. The oreos won’t be as crunchy, but they will still taste delicious!
How to make No Bake Oreo Cheesecake from scratch:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- condensed milk
- cream cheese
In a ziplock bag, add 15-20 oreos and crush with a rolling pin:
Warning: Make sure to tightly close your ziplock bag because I once had an oreo confetti in my kitchen just because it was halfway open, lol!
After you have smashed the oreos well, it must look like this:
Place 1-2 tablespoons of crushed oreos into your chosen containers (I used cute mini mason jars) then set aside:
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, put the cream cheese and the condensed milk. I used more than half a can of condensed milk in this recipe as I like my cream cheese sweeter:
Using a handheld mixer or if you are more comfortable using a stand mixer, you can also use that to beat the mixture until light and fluffy:
Take about 6 pieces of oreos and break into pieces. They don’t have to be equally sized as long as it can be squeezed out of the piping bag later:
Lightly fold (don’t overmix as overmixing tends to take out the “air” from your fluffy cream cheese and condensed milk mixture):
Looking at this, I would say, this is already dessert for me, but no, we can’t eat this yet 🙂
Place cream cheese filling in a piping bag. Just make sure to cut the end of the piping bag big enough so that the crushed oreos in the mixture could pass through (just eyeball it, you can do it!):
Pipe into the jar and as you are piping it, slightly push so it sticks together well with the oreo crust, thus making a beautiful layer of cream cheese and oreos:
Finally, top with the remaining crushed oreos and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. This is best served chilled.
I will let you in on a little secret that I did for this recipe, though I already said it in the video 🙂
Remember that I did not use all of the condensed milk in the can? I went overboard my sugar limits because I couldn’t stop myself from drizzling the remaining condensed milk on top! I was also thinking of drizzling chocolate ganache. Yeah, I know what you’re thinking, Simply Bakers!
But I promise it made it even more delicious! Here’s a picture so you know that I wasn’t kidding 🙂
Frequently Asked Questions:
Unfortunately, there is no substitution for this recipe.
Absolutely! For this recipe an 8×8 pan works perfectly.
No. They are safe to eat for vegans.
Absolutely! I would suggest to prep all the ingredients and just assemble right before serving. Shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes if making a few.
More Quick & Easy Oreo Desserts:
3 Ingredient No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- 20-25 oreos
- 8 oz pack cream cheese softened
- 14 oz can condensed milk
- In a ziplock bag, add 15-20 oreos and crush with a rolling pin. Place 1-2 tablespoons of crushed oreos in a mini mason jar.
- In a medium sized bowl, add cream cheese and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add at least half of a can of condensed milk or sweeten to your taste.
- The leftover oreos, break into pieces and add into the filling and mix.
- Place cream cheese filling in piping bag and pipe into the jar.
- Garnish with oreos and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, best served chilled.