Hey Simply Bakers,
Learn how to make chocolate chip cheesecake using a special ingredient you never thought to use when making cheesecake! 😁
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! Also it’s been two months since I’ve been gone. Check out my blog post to learn what happen.
Anyways, thanks for coming by my blog and checking out the recipe. I can’t believe it’s been two months since I’ve uploaded my last video!!! And for those of you who don’t know this, that is really bad in the online space. Two months is basically equivalent to 2 years being gone. Yikes! Anyways here’s a little secret, I actually filmed this video back in February! I totally forgot I had this in my que, but when watching the video I totally remembered exactly how this chocolate chip cheesecake tasted. I hope you guys try this recipe and please let me know how it goes for you!
Tips and Tricks for Making This Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe:
- If you love a lot of textures in your cheesecake, add in half a cup of crushed chocolate chip cookies to the batter before baking it. To make it easier to make crushed chocolate chip cookies, you can use a food processor.
- For a beautiful crust, make sure to press firmly when flattening the crust of this cheesecake. It helps the cheesecake hold its shape when sliced.
- When chilling it, cover with aluminum foil to prevent water or any dirt from spoiling your Chocolate Chip Cheesecake.
- If you love Oreos, you can use crushed Oreos instead of cake mix for the cheesecake crust.
How to Make this Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Chocolate Chip Cheesecake.
Here are all the ingredients you will need for this recipe:
- chocolate cake mix
- vegetable oil
- cream cheese
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- sour cream
- chocolate chips
- all-purpose flour
Once the ingredients are all ready, let’s begin!
First, preheat oven to 350F, prepare 10-inch springform pan by greasing it and set aside.
In a medium-sized bowl, add the cake mix and oil and mix until crumbly:
Then press onto a bottom of the springform pan:
Bake at 350F for 25 minutes. Remove from oven then increase the temperature to 450F:
In a large bowl, add the cream cheese and beat until smooth. Next add the sugar, vanilla extract, sour cream, and continue mixing. Slowly add the eggs and mix until well incorporated. Next, in a small bowl, mix the chocolate chips with the all-purpose flour, then add it into the cream cheese mixture:
Add the cream cheese mixture in the springform pan:
Bake at 450F for 7 minutes, then drop down the temperature 250F for 60-65 minutes:
Cool completely and best served chilled:
Frequently Asked Questions for the Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe:
Q: Do we have a substitute for granulated sugar?
A: I think you can use brown sugar or coconut sugar for this recipe, though I have not tried using those for this recipe.
Q: Can these be made into cookie cheesecake bars?
A: Absolutely! Just use a rectangular pan and slice as bars after.
Q: Can this cake be made days before serving and frozen?
A: Yes, you can do that. Just make sure to thaw it properly before serving it.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- 1 package chocolate cake mix
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 3 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F, prepare 10-inch springform pan by greasing it and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl add the cake mix and oil and mix until crumbly. Then press onto a bottom of the springform pan. Bake at 350F for 25 minutes. Remove from oven then increase the temperature to 450F.
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese and beat until smooth. Next add the sugar, vanilla extract, sour cream, and continue mixing. Slowly add the eggs and mix until well incorporated. Next in a small bowl, mix the chocolate chips with the all purpose flour, then add it into the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the cream cheese mixture in the springform pan and bake at 450F for 7 minutes, then drop down the temperature 250F for 60-65 minutes.
- Cool completely and best served chilled.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
PINTEREST / FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!
Wow! I need this recipe!
Thank you so much for your appreciation, Glendale! Keep visiting blog for many more recipes!
Hi! I just want to know if this recipe can be made into choco chip cheesecake cupcakes? Any adjustments to the oven temp and baking time? Thanks! 😊
Hi Lani! You should probably be able to do it, but not sure on the oven temp and baking time since I haven’t tried it before. Please let me know it goes if ever you try it. Enjoy baking! 🙂