Hey Simply Bakers,
Learn how to make chocolate chip cheesecake using a special ingredient you never thought to use when making cheesecake! 😁
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! Also it’s been two months since I’ve been gone. Check out my blog post to learn what happen.
Anyways, thanks for coming by my blog and checking out the recipe. I can’t believe it’s been two months since I’ve uploaded my last video!!! And for those of you who don’t know this, that is really bad in the online space. Two months is basically equivalent to 2 years being gone. Yikes! Anyways here’s a little secret, I actually filmed this video back in February! I totally forgot I had this in my que, but when watching the video I totally remembered exactly how this chocolate chip cheesecake tasted. I hope you guys try this recipe and please let me know how it goes for you!
Watch Step by Step Video
- 1 package chocolate cake mix
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 3 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F, prepare 10-inch springform pan by greasing it and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl add the cake mix and oil and mix until crumbly. Then press onto a bottom of the springform pan. Bake at 350F for 25 minutes. Remove from oven then increase the temperature to 450F.
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese and beat until smooth. Next add the sugar, vanilla extract, sour cream, and continue mixing. Slowly add the eggs and mix until well incorporated. Next in a small bowl, mix the chocolate chips with the all purpose flour, then add it into the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the cream cheese mixture in the springform pan and bake at 450F for 7 minutes, then drop down the temperature 250F for 60-65 minutes.
- Cool completely and best served chilled.