Try making this delectable ube tart recipe and enjoy the delicious blend of purple yam and a buttery crust in every mouthwatering bite! Prepare to have your taste buds wowed and your guests delighted with this irresistible Filipino dessert!
What is Ube Tart?
Ube Tart is a delightful pastry dessert loaded with creamy ube (purple yam) sweetness. It is packed with wonderful flavors, beautiful purple color, and an ideal balance of sweetness and flaky deliciousness.
Ube is commonly used for making popular desserts or delicacies in the Philippines which includes this delicious ube tart.
Each bite of this Filipino delicacy feels like eating a buttery shortbread crust with a creamy ube cheesecake filling that will leave you wanting more.
Discover how to make this delectable ube tart at home and improve your dessert game!
Health Benefits of Ube:
- Promotes heart health.
- Loaded with antioxidants.
- Good source of dietary fiber.
- Provides minerals and vitamins.
- Enhances energy and exercise performance.
Tips and Procedures:
- Feel free to adjust the sweetness of your filling to your liking.
- Filling options: homemade or store-bought ube custard filling and ube halaya
- You may make your own tart crust from scratch or use ready-made tart shells for ease.
- When using a homemade ube jam, make sure to use the purple yam, not the purple sweet potato. Because of its violet flesh, ube is frequently confused with purple sweet potatoes, although the two are not the same.
- Topping options: grated cheese, white chocolate, toasted coconut flakes, or a dollop of whipped cream.
- Fill the tart shells with a piping bag or a spoon to ensure proper distribution of the ube filling.
- Storage: Once the ube tarts have cooled, you can place them in an airtight container or tightly wrapped in plastic wrap and store them in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Thaw them in the refrigerator overnight or at room temperature for a few hours before serving. If desired, re-heating them in the oven for a few minutes might help recover their crispness.
How to Make Ube Tarts:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- premade mini tart shells
- block of cream cheese
- ube jam
- sweetened condensed milk
- ube flavoring
- Valentine’s Day Dark Chocolate Candy, optional
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients except the tart shells:
Mix until well combined. (Use a handheld mixer):
Pour the ube filling into the mini tart shells and bake for 10 minutes. Then, remove from oven and cool completely:
Top with DOVE® CHOCOLATE and serve to your loved ones:
Frequently Asked Questions:
Ube has a sweet, nutty flavor and is mostly used in desserts, whereas taro has a starchy, slightly sweet flavor and is frequently used as a substitute for potatoes.
Ube tastes like coconuts because it has a slightly nutty flavor.
Mango, pear, apricot, orange, and guava are some fruit flavors that pair well with ube.
- 24 premade mini tart shells
- 1 8oz cream cheese room temperature
- 6 oz ube jam room tempreature
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoons ube flavoring
- pinch salt
- Valentine's Day Dark Chocolate Candy optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and mix until well combined. (Use a handheld mixer or stand mixer).
- Pour the ube filling into the mini tart shells and bake for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and cool completely. Top with DOVE® CHOCOLATE and serve to your loved ones.