I am in love with cookie butter. What is cookie butter? Cookie butter is “A deliciously unusual spread reminiscent of gingerbread and made with crushed biscuits” which is one of the greatest inventions ever. It is as good as Nutella, some days I think it’s even better. Not only can you make use of it as a spread for bread, but it’s especially good as a dip for apples!
Tips and Tricks for Making These Cookie Butter Cookies:
- For an extra sweet aroma, add a tablespoon of vanilla extract to cookie dough.
- If you don’t have parchment paper or nonstick cookie sheet, brush your cookie sheet with melted butter to prevent the cookies from sticking.
- Serve these with vanilla ice cream! It takes your Cookie Butter cookies experience to a higher level.
- If you have chilled cookie butter, let it stay at room temperature for at least 30 minutes for easier mixing.
- You can add dark chocolate chips to the dough! Imagine the cookie butter and chocolate chips together!
How to Make these Cookie Butter Cookies:
Ingredients that you will need:
- granulated sugar
- cookie butter
Preheat oven to 350F, grease cookie sheets.
For the cookie butter, I specifically used the one from Trader Joe’s Speculoos:
In a large bowl, add eggs, granulated sugar, cookie butter and mix with a beater until everything is well combined:
The final dough would look like this:
Make balls and place on a cookie sheet and press with a fork (optional). Bake for 6-8 minutes or until brown:
After the cookies are done, cool them down in a cookie rack:
These cookies are flourless yet they are absolutely delicious and filling!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Cookie Butter Cookies Recipe:
Q: Can you freeze the cookie dough?
A: Yes, for sure you can. Just thaw it properly before forming and baking it.
Q: Could you add oatmeal to this recipe?
A: I think you can add a small quantity of oatmeal to add a more interesting texture to it.
Q: How many cookies does this recipe make?
A: You can make 15-20 cookies with this recipe, depending on how large your cookies are.
Here are more delicious butter cookie recipes that you should try:
Cookie Butter Cookies
- 1 egg
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup cookie butter
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, add eggs, granulated sugar, cookie butter and mix with a beater until everything is well combined.
- Make balls and place on cookie sheet and press with fork (optional).
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until brown.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
PINTEREST / FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!
I made these but they came out kind of wet and soggy in the middle of the cookie. What did I do wrong? Please respond.
And also they also spread really thin and the fork marks didn’t show. I also think that maybe you should make the recipe with less sugar because it’s reallyy sweet.
Sometimes oven temperature varies, for me it only took 8 minutes to bake, however for your oven it might take longer.
Amazing! This is so yum!
Awww thank you so much Glendale! I am so happy that you loved this cookie recipe!