There were two treats I was allowed to eat growing up, oatmeal cookies and rice krispies.
My parents were strict on what kind of sweets I could eat, but for some reason rice krispies and oatmeal cookies didn’t fall into that category. I’m thinking it’s because my grandma made the cookies and rice krispies and she always substituted most of the ingredients with something healthier…at least for the cookies.
As I was making rice krispies, I was thinking about how awesome my childhood was. I was not allowed to watch TV during the weekdays and only on the weekends I could watch one movie. However my brother, sister, and I must agree on what movie. So most of my childhood was spent playing outside, thankfully our house had a gigantic front and background, so my imagination was so vivid and creative. So whenever my grandma called us in for dinner, she usually had oatmeal cookies or rice krispies.
Tips and Tricks for Making This Rice Krispie Eggs Recipe:
- In melting the butter, make sure that the pan is not too hot or else, it will burn the butter resulting in a slightly bitter mixture.
- Make sure to spray the plastic eggs and also your hands to avoid rice Krispies and melted marshmallows sticking on your hands.
- You can add in small nuts or candies in the mixture to make it more colorful and tasty.
- For a more festive look on your rice krispie eggs, drizzle white chocolate before serving.
- Keep these delicious treats in an airtight container to extend its shelf life.
- If you love peanut butter, you can add it to the mixture before forming them into eggs.
How to Make this Rice Krispie Eggs Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Rice Krispie Eggs. Once the ingredients are all ready, let’s begin!
In a saucepan, melt butter:
Then add marshmallows:
Cook until marshmallows are melted:
In a large bowl, oil or spray bowl, add the melted marshmallows,
Add 5 cups of rice Krispies and mix. Slowly add 2 more cups if needed:
Spray hands and plastic eggs then add rice Krispies to the eggs:
Make sure to stuff the rice Krispies in the eggs so it will take the form of the egg:
Push and close the plastic eggs so the mixture will be formed nicely:
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe, it brought back many memories of my dear grandma!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Rice Krispie Eggs Recipe:
Q: Can I use salted butter for this recipe?
A: I would suggest that for desserts like this, use unsalted butter. This is done so it would not change the taste of the dessert. You wouldn’t want a salty rice Krispies eggs, right? 😉
Q: What is the best way to store these?
A: To extend its shelf life, use an airtight container to store these yummy Easter treats.
Q: How many eggs can a bath of this recipe make?
A: You can make 15 to 20 pieces of rice krispie eggs from a batch of this recipe.
Rice Krispie Eggs
- ¼ cup butter half stick
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 5-7 cups rice krispies
- In a saucepan melt butter, then add marshmallows and cook until marshmallows are melted.
- In a large bowl, oil or spray bowl, add the melted marshmallows, and add 5 cups of rice krispies and mix. Slowly add 2 more cups if needed.
- Spray hands and plastic eggs then add rice krispies to the eggs. Make sure to stuff the rice krispies in the eggs so it will take the form of the egg.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
PINTEREST / FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!
Awesome recipes! Yumminess and goodness in one!
Thank you for your inspiring words, Cath! Keep coming back for more delicious recipes! xx Lainey