I have been wanting to make root beer cookies for such a long time and finally I made them!! My local cake shop was always out of root beer extract so I didn’t want to make any cookies until I had root beer extract.
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video tutorial below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!) and new video posts on FRIDAYS !
Have you seen the video?
Who would have thought adding soda to cookies would make them taste AMAZING!! If you are a fan of cookies, this is definitely a must try because these cookies were soft and chewy and it actually reminded me of Mrs. Fields Cookies! You only need 6 tablespoons so just purchase the small bottle, I purchased 1 liter of root beer and now it’s sitting on my table. My family and I don’t drink soda, so I’m going to have to bring it to work or school.
If you guys try this recipe, let me know how it turns out!!
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 stick butter, softened (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons Root Beer or 1 drop Root Beer Extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, grease cookie sheets.
- In a medium size bowl add flour, salt, baking soda and mix.
- In a large bowl, add butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla extract and continue mixing. Add root beer and mix until everything is combined. Then add flour mixture and mix until well combined, then add chocolate chips.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.