With 5 simple ingredients only, you can have this sweet and delicious no churn Chocolate Oreo Ice Cream for dessert or snacks! It’s super easy to make and a perfect treat for chocolate and Oreo lovers!
What is Chocolate Oreo Ice Cream?
This Chocolate Oreo Ice Cream is an easy dessert recipe that can be made using 5 ingredients only. It’s a frozen treat that is loaded with the sweetness of condensed milk and vanilla extract, the creaminess of heavy cream, and the delicious flavors of chocolate and Oreo cookies. It can be served as a cold dessert for parties, family gatherings, or any occasion.
You don’t need an ice cream machine to make this cold dessert. So if you are looking for an easy and delicious ice cream recipe, this is definitely a great option! It’s no wonder if this chocolate oreo ice cream recipe will become your favorite tasty homemade ice cream!
Health Benefits of Cocoa Powder:
- Aids weight control
- Loaded with nutrients
- Improves cognitive health
- Strengthens immune system
- Helps to reduce inflammation
- Lowers the risk of heart disease
Tips and Procedures:
- Splurge on cocoa powder, the high-quality ones taste better!
- Love chocolate and coffee combination? Add about 1-2 teaspoons of espresso powder or instant coffee powder – it deepens the chocolate flavor!
- Sprinkle sea salt before serving, it brings out the sweetness even more!
- Adjust the amount of sweetened condensed milk according to your preferred level of sweetness.
- Feel free to use a pulse or food processor to crush the Oreo cookie pieces. You may also place them in a zip-top bag and roll a pin until they are medium/fine in size.
- Topping options: Oreo cookie crumbs, chocolate chip, and nuts of your choice
- Storage: Can be stored for up to 2 weeks if frozen in an airtight container. (I doubt it will last that long since it’s so good.)
How to Make Chocolate Oreo Ice Cream:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- heavy whipping cream
- condensed milk
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- vanilla extract
In a large bowl, add heavy whipping cream, use the whisk attachment, and then set the speed to medium and beat until soft peaks form, this will take about 4-6 minutes:
Next, add condensed milk, unsweetened cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and carefully fold all the ingredients. This technique helps give the light and airy texture of ice cream. Then carefully fold in the crushed Oreos leaving about ¼ cup of crumbled Oreos for the topping:
In a loaf pan, pour in the ice cream, and top with the crushed Oreos, and then cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for at least 6 hours or best overnight:
Enjoy a homemade chocolate dessert with your loved ones!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Feel free to use any Oreo flavor of your choice according to your ice cream flavor preference. In this ice cream recipe, I used the chocolate Oreos for a chocolaty taste.
It will take less than 10 minutes using a hand mixer.
No. You can just use a hand mixer to beat the heavy whipping cream and a large bowl and spatula to combine the ingredients, then place the ice cream mixture in a freezer.
Chocolate Oreo Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 – 14 oz condensed milk
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20-25 oreos crumbled
- In a large bowl, add heavy whipping cream, use the whisk attachment and then set the speed to medium and beat until soft peaks form, this will take about 4-6 minutes.
- Next add condensed milk, unsweetened cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and carefully fold all the ingredients. This technique helps give the light and airy texture of ice cream.
- Then carefully fold in the crushed oreos leaving about ¼ cup crumbled oreos for the topping.
- In a loaf pan, pour in the ice cream, and top with the crushed oreos, and then cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for at least 6 hours or best overnight.