This is THE recipe to use to make Creme Puffs, it’s easy and it’s fool proof! I love making homemade cream puffs because the taste is so much better and you get to choose what kind of filling to use. Enjoy!
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video tutorial below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!) and new video posts on FRIDAYS !
Click to watch the step by step video:
Foolproof Chocolate Vanilla Creme Puffs
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 3.5 oz instant vanilla pudding mix or your choice of flavor
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 425F and prepare baking sheet using parchment paper or an ungreased pan.
- In a sauce pan, bring the water and butter to a rolling boil then stir in flour and salt and mix until it forms a ball.
- In a large mixing bowl, transfer the dough and allow it to cool for 3-4 minutes. Next add each of the egg one at time mixing well after each one. Using a pastry bag, pipe the dough onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Allow it to cool completely
- To make the filling, mix together the instant pudding mix, cream, and milk. Refrigerate to set and once the cream puffs has cooled, cut the cream puffs in half and pipe the filling onto the puff.
- To make the glaze, melt the butter, then add the chocolate chips and syrup and mix until well combined, glaze should be thick after 2-3 minutes.