Tips and Tricks for Making This Snickerdoodle Candy Corn Cookies Recipe:
- Before mixing the dry ingredients like all-purpose flour, baking soda, and granulated brown sugar, sift them individually. This easy but very important step would make your cookies nice and evenly textured. It wouldn’t be fun biting into a lump of flour in between 🙂
- After baking your Snickerdoodle Candy Corn Cookies, store them in an airtight container so you can enjoy them for several days.
- If you do not have nonstick cookie sheets or pans, you can line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- If you are planning to do a Halloween trick or treat, these Snickerdoodle Candy Corn Cookies will be great treats for kids! Just pack these cookies after cooling them completely.
- For uniformly sized cookies, use a mini cookie scoop to form the dough.
How to Make this Snickerdoodle Candy Corn Cookies Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Snickerdoodle Candy Corn Cookies recipe and once the ingredients are all ready, let’s begin!
- ground cinnamon
- Yellow Cake Mix*
- vegetable oil
- candy corn
Preheat oven to 375F, using parchment paper to cover the cookie sheet,
Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and mix. Set aside:
Mix together cake mix, eggs, oil in a large bowl and stir until well blended:
The dough will then look like this after mixing:
Then add the candy corn and mix well:
Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture:
Flatten each cookie before popping into the oven, like so. Bake for 8-9 minutes and serve:
Although this cookie is on the sweet side because of the candy corns, it has a balance of tang and sweetness. And yes, it smells so good, Simply Bakers!
To add a little flair, top with candy corn before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions for the Snickerdoodle Candy Corn Cookies Recipe:
Q: Should these cookies be refrigerated?
A: Yes, you can keep this in the fridge but make sure to store them in an airtight container. Place at room temperature before serving or warm them up in a microwave oven.
Q: Can I increase the quantity of candy corn in this recipe?
A: Putting more than 1 cupe would make the dough very crumbly and would fall apart during the baking process.
Q: Can I make the dough ahead and freeze it?
A: Yes, you can freeze the mixed dough and thaw completely at room temperature before baking it.
Q: How many cookies would this recipe make?
A: If you make large cookies, you can make 10-12 Apple cookies but if you make it smaller, it would make up to 16 cookies per batch.
Here are more delicious cookie recipes that you should try:
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brownie Cookies
- Brownie Meringue Cookies | 5 Ingredients ONLY
- Nutella Stuffed Cookies
- Choco Mint Blossom Cookies
Snickerdoodle Cookies using Cake Mix
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 15.25 oz Yellow Cake Mix*
- 2 eggs**
- ¼ cup vegetable oil**
- 1 cup candy corn do not add extra, too much candy corn will turn the cookie into a candy corn blob.
- Preheat oven to 375F and cover your cookie sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat, set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon and mix until combined, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add yellow cake mix, eggs, oil, and mix until well combined.
- Next add the candy corn and mix until just combined.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls, then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture, and place on baking sheet with 2 inches of space between the unbaked cookies.
- Flatten the cookies with your palm and make sure the candy corns are not too close to the edges (candy corns melt in high heat), then bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Allow it to cool for about 5 minutes before transferring it to a cookie rack to cool completely.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!