This delicious Green Beans with Black Bean Sauce is so easy to make and comes together in just a few minutes! It’s loaded with green beans, mushrooms, and peppers and perfect for a weekday dinner.
Tips & Variations:
- Feel free to use your favorite black bean sauce. Here is my favorite vegan black bean sauce.
- If you don’t like black bean sauce or aren’t able to get it easily, hoisin sauce or vegetarian oyster sauce are great substitutes.
- Yellow bell pepper is sweeter in my opinion, but feel free to use red, orange, or green bell pepper. Keep in mind if you use green bell pepper, the dish won’t be as colorful.
- This is a great meal prep dish, simply store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- If french green beans aren’t available, use Yardlong beans, just make sure to use fresh ones.
How to Make Green Beans:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- spicy black bean garlic sauce
- soy sauce
- black rice vinegar
- brown sugar
- vegetable oil
- French green beans
- shiitake mushrooms
- yellow bell pepper
- salt and pepper
- sesame oil
To make the sauce, in a bowl combine black bean sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, and brown sugar.
Next, in a pan over medium heat, add the vegetable oil in the pan and saute garlic, French beans and shiitake mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes:
Add yellow bell pepper and continue stir-frying for another 2 minutes, then add the sauce mixture and allow it to cook for another minute. Season with salt and pepper.
Right before serving, add sesame oil and sprinkle chopped peanuts:
Frequently Asked Questions:
It’s central ingredient is fermented black soy beans that is dried in the son then stored in brine. It’s similarly made like sauce soy.
It has a deep savory taste that is spicy, sweet, and salt at the same time.
No, black bean paste has a deeper flavor and more pungent compared to black bean sauce.
Green Beans with Black Bean Sauce
- 2 tablespoons spicy black bean garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon black rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 12 oz French green beans trimmed
- ½ cup shiitake mushrooms sliced
- ¼ cup yellow bell pepper julienned
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- ⅛ cup peanuts chooped
To make the sauce:
- In a bowl combine black bean sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, and brown sugar and mix until well combined.
How to make the green beans:
- In a pan over medium heat, add the vegetable oil and saute garlic, French beans and shiitake mushrooms, for 5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and stir fry for another 2 mintues
- Add the sauce mixture and allow it to cook for another minute.
- Season with salt, pepper.
- Right before servings add sesame oil and sprinkle chopped peanuts. Best served hot with steamed rice.