A quick and easy Stir Fry Mung Bean Sprouts that is the perfect side dish for when you just need dinner to happen in under 30 minutes!
Health Benefits of Mung Bean Sprouts
- Rich in B vitamins, and also, selenium
- Great levels of antioxidants decrease the risk of chronic disease
- Helps in reducing bad cholesterol levels
- Mung bean sprouts are fiber-rich
- It may lower blood sugar levels
Tips & Variations:
- Do not overmix the mung bean sprouts with the other vegetables. It is best to do the tossing motion, just enough to season and incorporate with the vegetables and tofu.
- In stir-frying mung bean sprouts, it is best to put the stove on high heat. This easy but important tip will help retain the crispiness of the mung bean sprouts.
How to Make Stir Fry Mung Bean Sprout:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- coconut oil
- baguio beans
- bell pepper
- soy sauce
- vegetarian oyster sauce
- black pepper
- mushroom seasoning
- mung bean sprouts
Deep fry tofu until cooked and separate.
Pre-heat pan in med heat then put in coconut oil, then sauté onions until translucent:
Then add ½ cup chayote, ½ cup carrots, and ¼ cup Baguio beans then sauté, just half cooked for around 3-5 mins:
Then add bell pepper, mix and sauté for another minute:
Add soy sauce and vegetarian oyster sauce then mix:
Then add deep-fried tofu and 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp black pepper, and ½ tsp mushroom seasoning:
Mix, then add 3 cups mongo sprouts cover, and let it simmer for a minute or two:
Saute until sprouts are semi-translucent:
This yummy recipe is ready to be served! It can feed 4-5 persons but you can eat it by yourself, don’t worry, you are not alone, lol!
Mung bean sprouts have a distinct earthy and delicious taste. By adding tofu and other vegetables would make a complete and nutritious meal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use light soy sauce in this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use any soy sauce of your preference.
Q: How do I sprout mung beans?
A: Mung beans should be soaked on top of a wet cotton cloth directly in a container with a little water. You can “harvest” sprouts after 8 hours of soaking but some varieties of mung beans sprout longer than others.
Q: How can I keep the mung bean sprouts fresh longer?
A: After sprouting the mung beans, do not wash them until you are ready to use them. Store them in an airtight container and line with a dry paper towel to absorb the moisture.
Here are more meatless and delicious recipes to try!
- Vegetarian Ginisang Monggo
- Roasted Green Beans and Potatoes
- Easy Vegan Chili
- Vegetarian Pancit Molo
- Vegetarian Ginataang Gabi
- Ginataang Kalabasa – Vegetarian Friendly
Stir Fry Mung Bean Sprout
- 1 block tofu fried
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil*
- 1 small onion
- ½ cup chayote
- ½ cup carrots
- ¼ cup baguio beans
- 1 small bell pepper
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon mushroom seasoning
- 3 cups mung bean sprouts
- Deep fry tofu until cooked and set aside.
- Preheat pan over medium heat then coconut oil and saute onions until translucent.
- Next, add chayote, carrots, cup baguio beans, then saute for about 5 mins. (Only until it’s cooked halfway)
- Next, mix in bell pepper and saute for another minute.
- Mix in soy sauce and vegetarian oyster sauce.
- Then add deep-fried tofu, salt, black pepper, mushroom seasoning.
- Add the sprouts cover with lid and allow it to simmer for about 2-3 minutes or until sprouts are semi-translucent.
- Best served with steamed rice.