These Nutella Cupcakes are to die for, it’s quick and easy and very delicious!
What is your favorite nutella recipe?!
Let me know in the comments!
Tips and Tricks for Making This Nutella Cupcakes Recipe:
- When checking if the Nutella cupcakes are baked to perfection, do the ever-reliable toothpick test! Just stick in a toothpick and if it comes out of the cupcake clean – meaning, without liquidy chocolate sticking to it, then the cupcake is perfectly done!
- Sift, sift, sift! Sift all the dry ingredients especially the cocoa powder. Cocoa powder tends to clump when kept for some time so it’s always best to sift them carefully before mixing them with the other ingredients.
- If you want an extra added flavor to your Nutella cupcakes, you can mix in some chocolate hazelnut spread.
- In mixing this cupcake batter, you can use a stand mixer to make the mixing process quicker.
- Are you a Nutella fanatic? Well, frosting the cupcakes with Nutella instead of ganache would be a delicious idea!
How to Make this Nutella Cupcakes Recipe:
Before starting off with the mixing process, make sure to preheat oven to 350F and line your cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
In a large bowl, cream together sugar and butter:
Add eggs and then mix:
The sugar and egg mixture should look like this:
Add the nutella and mix. The mixture should be smooth and should look like melted chocolate:
In a medium-size bowl, whisk together self-rising flour and unsweetened cocoa powder:
Gradually add the dry ingredients switching off with the milk until everything is well combined:
Place the batter into the cupcake liners and bake for 15-20 minutes:
Do the toothpick test! If the toothpick comes out clean, then your Nutella cupcakes are baked perfectly!
Now, it’s time to do the ganache!
Place the chocolate chips in a bowl and pour in some warm heavy whipping cream:
I suggest that you stir it immediately in order to melt the chocolate chips:
The result should be silky smooth chocolate ganache! Yum! This is in itself a dessert for me, lol! Set this aside as you will use it later to top the Nutella cupcakes.
Because I was baking these for Valentine’s day, I decided to melt some candy melts and shaped them into hearts:
Here you go! It’s as simple as that! A very pretty Valentine’s Day dessert or even for ordinary days when you feel like having a dessert made from scratch! Aren’t they pretty?!?
Frequently Asked Questions for the Nutella Cupcakes Recipe:
Q: Can I make this recipe into a cake instead of cupcakes?
A: Sure, you can! Just use a cake pan instead of the individual cupcake liners.
Q: Why do I need to use unsalted butter for this recipe?
A: Basically, all recipes for cakes and cupcakes usually use unsalted butter. This will allow you to add salt if needed in the recipe and not make the end product too salty.
Q: Should the butter in this recipe be kept in room temperature before mixing it in?
A: Yes. By doing so, it will be much easier to mash and mix it with the other ingredients.
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup softened butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Nutella
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups self rising flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350F, prepare cupcake pans.
- In a large bowl, cream together sugar and butter. Add eggs and then mix. Add nutella and mix.
- In a medium size bowl whisk together self rising flour and unsweetened cocoa powder. Gradually add the dry ingredients switching off with the milk until everything is well combined.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!