I actually look forward to Mondays because of Cookie Mondays! I have tried so many different types of cookies this past year, and I have really grown to LOVE cookies. I think I’m officially addicted.
Guys, I found another favorite cookie. The Peppermint Oreo Cookie is a phenomenal cookie because this cookie includes mint, dark chocolate chips, and it’s SIMPLE! Remember, I’m all about making baking easy, so this cookie recipe is up my alley. The Peppermint flavor is NOT strong, which is really nice because I don’t like the mint overpowering the rest of the flavors. I really hope you guys love this cookie as much as I do, please let me know if you do try this recipe!
Tips on How to Make Peppermint Oreo Cookies
- To always have this cookie recipe handy, make them ahead and store in a ziplock bag. Thaw as needed in room temperature before baking.
- It is always easier to mix ingredients that are not frozen, so make sure to have your butter and cream cheese on room temperature at least 20 minutes before using them.
How to Make Peppermint Oreo Cookies:
Before starting to make the peppermint oreo cookie dough, preheat your oven to 350F and grease the baking sheet, or use a non-stick baking mat.
In a large bowl, add cream cheese and mix, then add butter and mix:
Add egg, vanilla extract and mix until well combined:
Add cake mix and mix until well combined:
Add peppermint crunch and dark chocolate chips:
Mix and add oreo chunks:
Mix until well incorporated:
Using a mini ice cream scoop, place cookie dough on your baking mat. Flatten it with your fingers, like what I did below and bake for 15 minutes if making large cookies:
Here are the baked peppermint oreo cookies! Let them cool completely in a cooling rack and keep them in your favorite cookie jars or any airtight container. Or better yet, eat them while they are fresh, lol!
I can’t explain the happiness when I took a bite of the cookie and altogether, the delicious taste of chocolates, oreos, and peppermint candy just burst in my mouth! This recipe is really a crowd-pleaser. You can make these during Christmas family gatherings or even bring this as a dessert to potluck parties 🙂
The Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips is a seasonal item and I found mine at my local Walmart, however, I have seen some at Target as well.
The texture is very similar to baking chocolate chips and has a very subtle flavor.
It doesn’t matter which brand of White Cake Mix you use, as long as it is White Cake mix, below are some examples of how it’s sold. It’s actually cheaper to purchase the cake mixes at your local grocery store because of ongoing sales. For this recipe, I used the Pillsbury brand.
Frequently Asked Question for Peppermint Oreo Cookies Recipe:
Q: Can I add in more candies to this recipe?
A: Sure you can! Feel free to add any available candy as you like.
Q: What size cookie sheet do you recommend for this recipe?
A: The cookie sheet would vary as to how big your cookies are and most importantly how big your oven is. An important note to remember is to space your cookie dough wide enough to avoid cookies sticking to each other.
Q: Should I line the cookie sheet with parchment paper or wax paper?
A: If you are not using a non-stick cookie sheet, then you should line it with parchment paper or grease it well before putting your cookie dough.
The full recipe is below, plus a step-by-step video if you’d like more guidance.
More Cookie Desserts:
- Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Eggnog Cookies
- Fruity Pebble Marshmallow Cookies
- Assorted Candy Cookies
Peppermint Oreo Cookies
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 stick unsalted butter ½ cup, softened
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup Andes peppermint crunch pieces
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup oreo cookie chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease baking sheet or use baking mat.
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese and mix, then add butter and mix. Add egg, vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Add cake mix and mix until well combined.
- Add peppermint crunch and dark chocolate chips, mix add oreo chunks and mix until well incorporated.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes if making large cookies.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!
Recipe inspired by Inside BruCrew Life