One of my favorite desserts to make for fall is pumpkin cake!! This requires only 1 bowl for mixing and it’s great to add to your baking collection for the beginner baker. I hope you enjoy this pumpkin cake tutorial! Also if you want to see more pumpkin or fall desserts, click here and it will take you to my collection of delicious fall recipes!
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video tutorial below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!) and new video posts on FRIDAYS !
Pumpkin Cake Recipe for Beginners
- 2 cups pumpkin puree 15oz
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 can evaporated milk 12oz
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 yellow cake mix 15oz
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans
- ¾ cups melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare 9x13 inch oiled pan.
- In a large bowl combine the pumpkin, sugar, eggs, evaporated milk, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and mix until well combined. Pour into 9x13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle the yellow cake mix and pecans all over the pumpkin cake. Then drizzle the melted butter, using a spatula, make sure all the toppings are spread our equally.
- Bake for 1 hour and then cool completely.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream