I’ve been a huge fan of apple pie or anything apple dessert related. So when I was introduced to pumpkin pie or pumpkin itself, I did not like it until three years ago. My friend was hosting a cooking class and she introduced me to vegan pumpkin pie with vegan whipped cream, thus began my love for pumpkin pie. If I could not get my hands on vegan pumpkin pie, I was happy with the regular pumpkin pie and it got to the point where I preferred the regular pumpkin pie.
Then recently, I asked on my Facebook page, what kind of videos did you want to see and one of my viewers suggested to add cream cheese to the pumpkin pie.
She was right, it did taste pretty AMAZING!
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video tutorial below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!) and new video posts on FRIDAYS !
Watch the Step by Step Video:Print
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a bowl, add cream cheese and beat until light and fluffy. Add corn syrup, vanilla extract and continue mixing until well incorporated. Set aside the bowl.
- In another bowl, add pure pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, eggs, and mix until well combined. Add to uncooked pie crust, then drop spoonfuls of cream cheese.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Cool for 1 hour or best overnight.