Start your day right with this super healthy, yummy, and easy breakfast recipe made with perfectly baked oats, chia seeds, berries, and bananas. Enjoy this favorite dish like eating a naturally sweet and delicious dessert for breakfast!
This baked Berries Banana Oatmeal is one of the simple yet delicious and nutritious dishes that you can make for a quick and healthy breakfast!
This is super easy and fun to make and comes together with a handful of pantry staples. The sweet and perfect combination of the ingredients makes this dish a winner for the family!
Tips and Variations:
- Make sure to grease the dish with oil or butter before baking.
- Feel free to make this with any combination of your favorite nuts and fruits. You can use thin sliced apples and walnuts instead of bananas if you want.
- You may use quick/old-fashioned/gluten-free oats in this recipe.
- If agave syrup is not available, use maple syrup, honey or brown sugar.
- Coconut Flakes: Sweetened coconut flakes works too, but you may need to reduce the agave syrup to your taste.
- Storage: Put any leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. They can either be enjoyed cold or reheated in the microwave for a minute or until warmed.
How to Make Baked Berries Banana Oats:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a small bowl, mix chia seeds and water together and allow it to soak for 2 minutes. In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, milk, coconut flakes, chia and agave:
Next add half of the oats mixture in a 12 cm / 4.72 inches baking dish, then add half of the banana and berries, then layer with the rest of the oat mixture, followed by the rest of the bananas and berries:
Bake for about 15 minutes, then serve either warm or cold. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, but be sure not to use honey as a sweetener in children below one year old.
Yes, of course. Just make sure to gently mix the blueberries so they will not turn your oatmeal purple.
Feel free to use rolled oats in this recipe. In fact, some versions of this dish are made with rolled oats.
Baked Berries Banana Oats
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoons chia seeds
- ½ cup oats
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ⅛ cup coconut flakes
- ½ tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 piece ripe banana sliced
- ½ cup frozen berries
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- In a small bowl, mix chia seeds and water together and allow it to soak for 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, milk, coconut flakes, chia and agave.
- Next, add half of the oats mixture in a 12 cm / 4.72 inches baking dish, then add half of the banana and berries, then layer with the rest of the oat mixture, followed by the rest of the bananas and berries.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, then serve.