Elevate your dinner nights with a symphony of taste in our Broccoli and Tofu in Spicy Almond Sauce. Imagine the satisfying crunch of broccoli, the succulent tofu, and the zing of almond butter and lime juice coming together in a tantalizing dance of flavors.
What is a Broccoli and Tofu in Spicy Almond Sauce Recipe?
This broccoli and tofu in spicy almond sauce recipe has a fascinating backstory that stems from the blending of multiple cuisines.
This enticing meal combines the bold flavors of Western spices with the vivid colors and textures of Asian cuisine.
It has undergone a delightful evolution from its humble beginnings in households to modern menus, and this transition is something to be savored.
Tofu and broccoli have been commonly used in Asian cooking for their versatility and health benefits. A daring cook once decided to combine these ingredients and dress them in a delicious almond-based sauce. Check out this recipe and try it at the comfort of your own kitchen. Enjoy!
Health Benefits of Broccoli:
- Rich source of vitamins C and K.
- High in dietary fiber for digestive health.
- Packed with antioxidants that combat free radicals.
- Supports the immune system with essential nutrients.
- Contains compounds that may aid in cancer prevention.
- Supports bone health due to its calcium and vitamin K content.
- Low in calories and carbohydrates, suitable for weight management.
- Contributes to heart health by promoting healthy cholesterol levels.
Tips and Procedures:
- Swap tofu for crispy tempeh or seitan to add a different texture.
- Experiment with tamari soy sauce or teriyaki sauce as alternatives to oyster sauce.
- Transform the almond butter into a peanut butter-based sauce for a nutty twist.
- Elevate the heat factor by using spicy peanut sauce or chili garlic sauce.
- Alternatively, cider vinegar or lemon juice can be used if lime juice is unavailable.
Serving and Pairings:
- Serve over a bed of rice or noodles for a satisfying meal.
- Add bell peppers and steamed broccoli to amp up the veggie content.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and minced scallions for extra flair.
- In the Fridge: Keep leftovers of this tofu stir fry in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- In the Freezer: Freeze the tofu stir fry without sauce for longer storage. Reheat and add freshly made sauce upon serving.
- On the Counter: Allow the tofu stir fry to sit at room temperature for no more than 2 hours to maintain its quality and freshness.
How to Make Broccoli and Tofu in Spicy Almond Sauce:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- almond butter
- lime juice
- brown sugar
- cayenne pepper
Stir-fry Broccoli and Tofu:
- vegetable oil
- broccoli florets
- oyster sauce
- chili flakes
- salt and pepper
Combine half cup water, almond butter, lime juice, brown sugar, paprika, half a teaspoon salt, cayenne pepper, and grated ginger in a small bowl. Set aside.
Add oil in a heated skillet:
Sauté minced onions on medium-high heat for 1 minute.
Add tofu cubes and continue sautéing for 3–4 minutes until golden:
Add broccoli florets, oyster sauce, carrots, and chili flakes. Cook for another minute.
Add in the almond sauce and reduce for 2 minutes:
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Broccoli can tolerate light frost, which can even enhance its flavor. However, prolonged exposure to severe frost can damage its texture and taste.
For this recipe, choose firm or extra firm tofu to ensure it holds its shape during cooking and absorbs the flavors of the dish.
If broccoli turns brown, it’s likely overcooked. To prevent this, blanch it briefly and shock it in cold water after cooking, or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator to maintain freshness.
Broccoli and Tofu in Spicy Almond Sauce
Spicy Almond Sauce
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ginger grated
Stir-Fry Broccoli and Tofu
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ ounce onions minced
- 6 ounces tofu diced
- 4 ounces broccoli florets drained
- 1 ounce carrots julienned
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine half a cup of water, almond butter, lime juice, brown sugar, paprika, half a teaspoon salt, cayenne pepper, and grated ginger in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add oil to a heated skillet.
- Sauté minced onions on medium-high heat for 1 minute.
- Add diced tofu and continue sautéing for 3–4 minutes until golden.
- Add broccoli florets, carrots, oyster sauce, and chili flakes.
- Cook for another minute.
- Add in the almond sauce and reduce for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.