Quench your thirst and beat the summer heat with this refreshing drink—Buko Pandan Juice! It’s made with fresh coconut meat and coconut water!
Love coconut? Try my Buko Pandan Dessert (Coconut Pandan Dessert), Buko Pandan Ice Cream Coconut Pandan Ice Cream, or my delicious Buko Pie (Coconut Pie)!
What is Pandan?
It’s a leaf that is used in dessert or savory dishes in the Southeast Asia countries like the Philippines to name a few. The Pandan leaf is not usually eaten but flavors the food and has an incredibly sweet and mild aroma.
Pandan Health Benefits:
- Assists in lowering blood pressure
- Controls blood sugar levels
- Assists in pains and cramps
- Alleviates Gout
- Good for skin and hair health
Tips & Variations:
- If you can’t get pandan powder or syrup, make your own! First find pandan leaves, which you can get at your local Asian market, frozen or dried pandan leaves will be easier to find compared to fresh ones. Then in a saucepan over high heat, mix in ½ cup water and ½ cup sugar, then 25 pandan leaves, and cook until sugar dissolves. Turn the fire to low, then cover, and infuse for 20 minutes. Once it’s cooled, strain the syrup with a fine sieve.
- Milk substitutions: Use your favorite plant-based milk like almond milk, macadamia milk, or even coconut milk works!
- Storage: Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
How to Make Buko Pandan Drink:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- coconut water
- pandan powder or syrup
- soy milk
- fresh coconut meat
In a medium-sized pitcher, add 800 ml coconut water, and pandan powder and mix until well combined.
Next add soy milk, and fresh coconut meat and mix until combined:
Chill for at least 30 minutes and serve immediately:
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can be purchased frozen, fresh, or dried at your local Asian grocery store.
No, they are not edible, it’s best to use the aroma and flavor.
No, it’s best to make your own if you can’t find the syrup or powder.
Buko Pandan Drink
- 800 ml coconut water
- 1 ½ tablespoons pandan powder or syrup
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 cup fresh coconut meat
- In a medium-size pitcher, add 800 ml coconut water, pandan powder and mix until well combined.
- Next add soy milk, fresh coconut meat and mix until combined.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply