Try this No-Churn, Filipino favorite Buko Pandan Ice Cream recipe that you can make in less than 30 minutes! By using just 6 basic ingredients, you will have a creamy, milky, and vegetarian-friendly Buko Pandan Ice Cream loaded with fresh coconut strips!
Tips and Procedures:
- If you are lucky enough to have fresh pandan leaves in your own garden, you can use that for this recipe. Just place the leaves in a food processor or juicer and extract the juice.
- Make sure that you whip your cream or all-purpose cream very well. It is essential that it creates fluffy peaks since it will attribute to the creaminess of your buko pandan ice cream.
How to Make Buko Pandan Ice Cream:
- coconut meat
- all-purpose cream or heavy whipping cream
- condensed milk
- fresh coconut cream
- buko pandan flavoring
- vanilla extract, optional
If using frozen coconut meat skip to step 2.
First, drain the coconut water form the coconut and set the coconut water aside. Slice coconut in half and scrape off coconut meat using a grater. 2 coconuts yield about 2 cups of coconut meat.
Add cream in a large bowl:
Mix using a hand mixer until light and fluffy or stiff peaks form if using heavy whipping cream:
Fold in condensed milk:
Next, add the coconut cream:
Now it’s time to add in the grated coconut and mix well:
Now, let’s add the buko pandan flavoring and mix well again:
Transfer into a container, cover with parchment paper and cling wrap and freeze overnight:
Tadaaaah! Here it is! Your very own Buko Pandan Ice Cream! It is best to serve it frozen.
With the fresh coconut strips, it’s a delicious treat in each scoop of the Buko Pandan Ice Cream!
You can make this an ice cream staple in your family gatherings or even just for ordinary, hot summer days!
Frequently Asked Questions for Buko Pandan Ice Cream:
Q: Where did you buy that buko pandan flavoring?
A: Mine was bought in an Asian store. You can find them in your grocery stores especially on the Asian aisle.
Q: What does buko pandan taste like?
A: Buko pandan desserts are sweet, delicious, and aromatic because of the natural sweet aroma of pandan leaves.
Q: What are the health benefits of pandan leaves?
A: Pandan leaves are natural insect repellants. They are also effective in controlling blood sugar levels, detoxifying, and lowering blood pressure.
Q: What is a good substitute for coconut cream?
A: You can use almond, macadamia, or cashew milk or its cream versions if coconut cream is not available.
More delicious recipes to enjoy:
- Lemon Ice Cream
- Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
- Coconut Smoothie
- Avocado Milkshake
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecake
- White Chocolate Fruit Tart
- No Bake Oreo Pie
- Curried Chickpea Wraps
- Matcha Milkshake – 4 Ingredients Only
Buko Pandan Ice Cream
- 2 cups coconut meat
- 1 cup all-purpose cream or heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup condensed milk
- ¼ cup fresh coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon buko pandan flavoring
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- If using frozen coconut meat skip to step 2.
- First, drain the coconut water form the coconut and set the coconut water aside. Slice coconut in half and scrape off coconut meat using a grater. 2 coconuts yield about 2 cups of coconut meat.
- Add cream in a large bowl and mix using a hand mixer until light and fluffy or stiff peaks form if using heavy whipping cream.
- Fold in condensed milk, coconut cream, grated coconut cream and buko pandan flavoring.
- Transfer into a container, cover with parchment paper and cling wrap and freeze overnight.
- Serve frozen
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
PINTEREST / FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!
Leave a Reply