This simple Asian Cucumber Salad is made with crunchy cucumbers and is super light, refreshing, and perfect for hot summer days. This is a perfect quick and easy side dish you can whip up in 10 minutes!
Need more summer recipes? Try my refreshing Collard Wraps or my Filipino Style Spinach Dish. And for dessert this super easy Pineapple Ice Cream or Mango Ice Cream!
Tips & Variations:
- English cucumbers work really well for this recipe since it doesn’t have many seeds. But Japanese cucumbers work the best because it’s seedless!
- Slice the cucumbers as thin as possible- use a mandoline if available!
- Green onions: Slice the green onions thinly or keep them as long pieces- both work!
- Storage: Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. If stored longer, the cucumbers will start to lose their crispness.
How to Make Asian Cucumber Salad:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- black vinegar
- brown sugar
- sesame oil
- sesame seeds
- garlic paste
- green onions
In a bowl, add cucumbers, and salt, mix until combined, and allow it to sit for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, drain the liquid and set it aside”
In a separate bowl, add Gochujang, vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, sesame seeds, and garlic paste and mix until combined. Next, add green onions, then pour the mixture over the cucumbers and mix well.
Allow it to sit for 5 minutes in the refrigerator before serving:
Frequently Asked Questions:
They have forest-green skin with long slender bodies. They do not contain seeds and are never bitter, you can find them at your local Asian market.
A fermented Korean chili paste made from glutinous rice, fermented soybeans, red chili pepper flakes, and salt.
Asian Cucumber Salad
- 10 oz cucumbers cut into round thins
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon Gochujang
- 2 teaspoon black vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 stalks green onions chopped
- In a bowl, add cucumbers, salt, and mix until combined and allow it to sit for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, drain the liquid and set it aside.
- In a separate bowl, add Gochujang, vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, sesame seeds, garlic paste, and mix until combined.
- Add green onions, then pour the mixture over the cucumbers and mix well.
- Allow it to sit for 5 minutes in the refrigerator before serving.
Yummy! I’m always looking for more ideas on how to use cucumbers!
Wow! This recipe is perfect for you! Thank you for visiting my blog, Jane! Please share a photo in FB or IG and tag me. 🙂