I LOVE COOKIES. I think I have started many of my cookie blog posts with that sentence! Anyhow I really do love cookies and I have tried to deny it for many years, but I gave up this year and finally admitted that I am addicted to cookies. Does anybody know of a cookie anonymous meeting I can check into?!
Todays recipe is all about cookies and let me tell you this is by far my favorite!
Have you seen the video yet?
The recipe was fairly easy to make, although there was a bit too much of caramel candy in each cookie, so I suggest maybe cutting the caramel amount to half, but these cookies were still AMAZING!
Look what happen when I added too much caramel candy in one small cookie.
Anyway, the pretzels gave the cookies a good crunch and now that I think of it, it’s actually so much better than nuts. First of all, pretzels are inexpensive, secondly, you get more for your price, and last of all pretzels are delicious!
VERY IMPORTANT TIP: Make sure to allow the cookies to sit on the pan for about 10 minutes for the caramel to harden, or else caramel will be everywhere!
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1/ ¼ cup pretzels
- 1 cup m&ms
- 5 oz caramel candy
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease cookie sheets or use silicone mat.
- In a large bowl add butter, sugars, and cream. Add vanilla extract, eggs, and mix until well blended. Add flour, baking soda, salt, and mix.
- Add caramel, m&ms, pretzels, and mix with spoon
- Roll into 1 inch balls and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown