I LOVE COOKIES. I think I have started many of my cookie blog posts with that sentence! Anyhow I really do love cookies and I have tried to deny it for many years, but I gave up this year and finally admitted that I am addicted to cookies. Does anybody know of a cookie anonymous meeting I can check into?!
Today’s recipe is all about cookies and let me tell you this is by far my favorite!
Tips and Tricks for Making This Caramel Pretzel Cookies Recipe:
- VERY IMPORTANT TIP: Make sure to allow the cookies to sit on the pan for about 10 minutes for the caramel to harden, or else caramel will be everywhere!
- If you will be adding some more nuts or maybe chocolate chips, just make sure you do not add too much of everything since it will break your cookies and won’t form nicely.
- Keep your caramel pretzel cookies fresh for days. Store them in an airtight container and grab some delicious treat anytime!
- Wrap these delicious caramel pretzel cookies and give them as a pretty holiday gift!
How to Make this Caramel Pretzel Cookies Recipe:
Before starting off with the mixing process, make sure to preheat oven to 375F and grease cookie sheets or use a silicone mat.
In a large bowl add butter, sugars, and cream:
Mix it thoroughly until all the added ingredients are well combined:
Add vanilla extract, eggs, and mix until well blended.
Add flour, baking soda, salt, and mix:
In this step, I was having a slightly hard time mixing it with just a rubber spatula so I used my ever-reliable handheld mixer to make the job easier:
The cookie dough should look like this:
Now it’s time to add the caramel, m&ms, and pretzels:
Carefully and thoroughly mix with a spoon:
Roll into 1 inch balls and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, just like so:
Pretty and delicious caramel pretzel cookies ready to be devoured! 🙂
The recipe was fairly easy to make, although there was a bit too much of caramel candy in each cookie, so I suggest maybe cutting the caramel amount to half, but these cookies were still AMAZING!
Look what happened when I added too much caramel candy in one small cookie.
Anyway, the pretzels gave the cookies a good crunch and now that I think of it, it’s actually so much better than nuts. First of all, pretzels are inexpensive, secondly, you get more for your price, and last of all pretzels are delicious!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Caramel Pretzel Cookies Recipe:
Q: Can these cookie dough be frozen a night before baking them?
A: Sure, you can. Just make sure to thaw it – place in room temperature for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on how hard the dough is.
Q: How many cookies can this recipe make?
A: This caramel pretzel cookie recipe makes about 12 to 15 pieces but can make 2 up to 2 dozens, depending on how big your cookies are.
Q: I love peanuts. Can I add peanuts to this recipe?
A: Definitely yes, but make sure you add just enough bits of peanuts so your cookies won’t break apart after baking.
Caramel Pretzel Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1/ ¼ cup pretzels
- 1 cup m&ms
- 5 oz caramel candy
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease cookie sheets or use silicone mat.
- In a large bowl add butter, sugars, and cream. Add vanilla extract, eggs, and mix until well blended. Add flour, baking soda, salt, and mix.
- Add caramel, m&ms, pretzels, and mix with spoon
- Roll into 1 inch balls and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!