Tips and Tricks for Making This Cinnabon Cookies Recipe:
- Handling raw dough is not always easy. It would be sticking to your hands. The best way to avoid this is to rub a small amount of oil or butter to your hands so the dough won’t stick to them.
- If you do not have a non-stick baking pan, it is best to line your baking pan with a parchment paper. It is so much easier to take out your cinnabon cookies after baking.
- Before pouring the glaze to your cinnabon cookies, wait for a good ten to fifteen minutes. Cooling the cinnabon cookies will prevent the glaze from being too watery and the glaze adheres better to a cooler surface.
How to Make this Cinnabon Cookies Recipe:
Before starting off with mixing the ingredients for the Cinnabon cookies, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish and add parchment paper for easy removal.
In a large bowl add butter, vanilla extract, salt, and powdered sugar:
Mix until light and fluffy:
Add flour and continue mixing:
Place cookie dough onto wax paper and roll out cookie dough to 9×13:
Pour milk and spread onto cookie dough and add cinnamon sugar mix onto the cookie dough:
Roll into a log, just like so:
Cover with wax paper or and saran wrap then place in freezer for one hour or until hard before slicing into bite-sized cookies:
Remove from freezer and slice into cookie bites, place on the mat and bake at 350F for 10 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions for Cinnabon Cookies Recipe:
Q: I want to make these ahead for an occasion. How many days can I keep these in the freezer?
A: Prepping in advance is great. You can keep this cinnabon cookies dough for 1-2 weeks.
Q: I do not have parchment paper. Can I use foil instead?
A: Yes, the foil can be used for baking. Foil also helps you take out the cinnabon cookies easily after baking.
- ¾ cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon milk
- for the icing
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- In large bowl add butter, vanilla extract, salt, powdered sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and continue mixing.
- Place cookie dough onto wax paper and roll out cookie dough to 9x13.
- Pour milk and spread onto cookie dough and add cinnamon sugar mix onto the cookie dough.
- Roll into a log, cover with wax and saran plastic, place in freezer for one hour or until hard.
- Remove from freezer and slice into cookie bites, place on the mat and bake at 350F for 10 minutes.