Satisfy your chocolate cravings with this easy Double Chocolate Loaf recipe that has a double treat of chocolate in every bite! This is a sweet, chocolaty, and decadent dessert that is perfect for chocolate lovers and definitely a crowd-pleaser!
What is Double Chocolate Loaf?
This Double Chocolate Loaf is an easy and delicious chocolate recipe that will surely satisfy any chocolate craving! With cocoa powder and real chocolate chips folded in, this loaf has double the chocolate goodness. It is ideal for a last-minute sweet craving because it bakes in just under an hour.
It can be served as a rich, delicious, and moist chocolate dessert, at brunch, or even as a mid-day snack. The perfect combination of cocoa powder, chocolate chip, vanilla, and coffee flavors in this recipe will make you want more. Try to enjoy this decadent and indulgent double chocolate treat with your loved ones. You can bake this and send it as a holiday gift to chocoholics, too.
Happy holidays, Simply Bakers!
Health Benefits of Cocoa Powder:
- Aids weight control.
- Boosts immune system.
- Helps improve cognitive health.
- Improves muscle and nerve function.
- Reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Enhances mood and symptoms of depression.
Tips and Procedures:
- You can use chocolate chunks or chocolate chips in this double chocolate loaf that looks like a pound cake. You could also substitute white or milk chocolate chip in this recipe.
- Feel free to add sour cream or fill full-fat Greek yogurt that can add richness and dairy notes to this loaf.
- You may use espresso powder, granulated sugar or powdered sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, dutch processed cocoa powder, and butter as alternatives for some of the ingredients or additions in this recipe, as desired.
- Make sure to properly mix the dry ingredients and the wet ingredient together for the best results.
- Topping options: chocolate ganache or chocolate glaze, whipped cream, and salted caramel sauce
- You may use a neutral-tasting oil such as pure sunflower oil to allow the chocolate flavor to stand out.
- It is best to set a timer for the baking time specified in the recipe, test it with a skewer, and make sure it comes out clean.
- Storage: This double chocolate loaf can be stored tightly wrapped in the fridge for up to 3 days.
How to Make Double Chocolate Loaf:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- coarse salt
- large eggs
- brown sugar
- vegetable oil
- vanilla extract
- cocoa powder
- brewed coffee (or orange juice, black tea)
- mini dark chocolate chips (or chopped if large)
Preheat oven to 325°F/160 C and grease a 9” x 5”/22.5cm x 12.5cm loaf pan and place a strip of baking parchment long ways:
In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the eggs and the sugar and whisk until smooth and syrupy:
Whisk in the oil and vanilla, then the cocoa powder, and beat until no lumps remain. Next, whisk in the coffee until combined. Stir in the flour mixture until smooth. Then, stir in the chocolate chips:
Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 55–65 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out with just a few crumbs. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a cooling rack and allowing it to cool completely:
Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Regular cakes are baked in squares or round tins, while a loaf cake is always baked in a loaf pan.
You can either brush the loaf cake with a simple syrup glaze, fill it with mousse, frost it, soak it in milk, or chill it.
Yes, properly greasing the loaf pan is necessary to remove the baked loaf from the oven.
Shortening, butter, or cooking oil can all be used.
Double Chocolate Loaf
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cups vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup brewed coffee (or orange juice, black tea)
- ¾ cups mini dark chocolate or chopped if large
- Preheat oven to 325°F and grease a 9” x 5” loaf pan and place a strip of baking parchment long ways.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs and the sugar and whisk until smooth and syrupy.
- Whisk in the oil and vanilla, then the cocoa powder and beat until no lumps remain.
- Whisk in the coffee until combined.
- Stir in the flour mixture until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55-65 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack and allowing to cool completely.