Enjoy a decadent and chocolatey dessert with this easy No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Cake recipe! With a few ingredients only, you can have this delicious and dairy-free cake that is perfect for Christmas parties or any occasion!
Need more easy vegan recipes? Easy Fig Tart, Vegan Blueberry Truffles, Vegan Eggnog, and the Best Vegan Banana Chocolate Banana Muffins!
What is No Bake Vegan Chocolate Cake?
Vegan Chocolate Cake is a simple and delicious no-bake dessert that can be made in just 10 minutes then chilled overnight. It is made with well-mixed dark chocolate, margarine, digestive cookies, coconut milk, plant-based milk, and agar-agar chilled in a springform pan. This easy, flourless, and dairy-free cake is a great dessert recipe for holiday parties or any occasion.
Try this easy vegan cake recipe and enjoy the rich chocolatey goodness of this decadent treat made with just a few simple ingredients. This can be the best vegan chocolate cake recipe you can ever make. Check this out!
Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate:
- Improves vision
- Packed with nutrients
- A powerful source of antioxidants
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces heart disease risk
- Protects the skin from the sun
- Improves brain function
- Reduces the risk of diabetes
Tips and Procedures:
- To make the cake look more beautiful, I recommend using a round mold and spreading margarine all over it. By doing so, you will be later able to remove the cake from the mold without any problems.
- Feel free to use any small container or dish if you don’t have a springform pan. Just make sure you line it first with some parchment or wax paper so that it’s easier to remove the cake.
- You may use dark chocolate chips or cacao powder for the chocolate flavor.
- Alternatively, you can use vegan butter if margarine is not available.
- You may use almond milk for plant-based milk.
- Optional toppings: fresh raspberries, cacao nibs, salt flakes, coconut shavings, and chocolate shavings, dried fruit, and chocolate ganache
- Storage: This cake holds up well at room temperature. Just cover it loosely with waxed paper and keep it in a cool place. It can also be covered with foil or plastic wrap then chilled in the refrigerator for up to four days.
How to Make No Bake Vegan Chocolate Cake:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- dark chocolate
- digestive cookies or graham crackers
- coconut milk
- plant-based milk
- agar agar
In a food processor, add 3 oz dark chocolate, margarine, cookies in the food processor and process until it’s crumbly:
Evenly spread the crust in the springform pan and press it with a spoon to make sure it’s packed, then place in the fridge:
In a large pot over medium heat, add coconut milk, the plant-based milk, the rest of the chocolate and mix until combined.
In a small bowl, dissolve the agar agar and water, then pour the mixture into the pot and stir until chocolate melts, about 5 minutes. Next, pour the mixture into the crust and refrigerate for 6 hours or best overnight:
Once the cake is firm, decorate with fruits and serve. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, a hand mixer can function as a useful substitute for a food processor.
You may use chocolate buttercream or salted peanut butter frosting.
Vegetable oil can moisten your cakes. It stays a liquid at room temperature, while butter solidifies.
No Bake Vegan Chocolate Cake
- 18 oz high quality dark chocolate divided
- ⅓ cup margarine
- 6 oz digestive cookies
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 teaspoon agar-agar
- ½ cup water
- In a food processor, add 3 oz dark chocolate, margarine, cookies in the food processor and process until it’s crumbly.
- Evenly spread the crust in the springform pan and press it with a spoon to make sure it's packed, then place in the fridge.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add coconut milk, the plant-based milk, the rest of the chocolate and mix until combined.
- While the chocolate is melting, in a small bowl, dissolve the agar agar and water, then pour the mixture into the pot and stir until chocolate melts, about 5 minutes.
- Next, pour the mixture into the crust and refrigerate for 6 hours or best overnight.
- Once the cake is firm, decorate with fruits and serve.
This looks very good! I have to try more vegan desserts. My son is allergic to dairy and eggs. I have found so many things I want to try in here 🙂
Hi Sanna! It’s good to know that you are interested to try my vegan recipes. Please share a photo when you try them. Find me on IG or FB and tag me. Enjoy!