Try this Easy Dalgona Coffee- a popular TikTok trend that has exploded all over the internet! It’s sweet with a nutty flavor, topped with fluffy whipped cream, and uses only four ingredients! With some basic mixing skills, you get a cafe-quality coffee!
So I did it. I decided to jump on the bandwagon of the famous Dalgona Coffee and give it a try. My version has a light coffee flavor but it is high on caffeine! Here’s my version of it and I hope you enjoy it!
Why is it called Dalgona Coffee?
This Dalgona coffee was first discovered in Macau when the famous Korean actor Jung Il-woo tasted a whipped coffee at a small restaurant. He described the coffee’s taste as similar to Dalgona which is a kind of Korean honeycomb toffee. Thus, the said coffee was then named Dalgona coffee.
Is Dalgona Coffee good?
Personally, I found it too sweet when I tried making it the first time. However, once I adjusted the sweetness, it’s delicious- this drink is something I would purchase at a fancy coffee shop.
What does Dalgona coffee taste like?
It actually tastes very similar to soft-serve coffee ice cream and it’s like eating whipped cream or the froth when you eat drink coffee that’s just begun to melt.
Tips on How to Make Dalgona Coffee:
- When adding water, you must make sure not to add more than two tablespoons of it to the other ingredients.
- Add flavored creamers to the milk to make different flavor variations.
- This can served hot by using hot milk and no ice.
- If you have a stand mixer, it’s faster to make the whipped coffee about 2 minutes. But if not, you can use a hand mixer, about 4-5 minutes.
- With a stand mixer, use the whisk attachment. With a hand mixer, either a whisk or beater attachment works well.
- You can use brown sugar instead of white sugar. For the milk, you can use nut milk if you want to make it vegan.
How to Make Dalgona Coffee:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- instant coffee or instant espresso
In a large bowl, add the coffee, water, and sugar:
Mix on high until the mixture thickens:
Mix until it has a consistency similar to whipped cream, like so:
Fill a glass 2/3 full with milk and ice. Spoon the whipped coffee topping over the milk to fill the glass:
Stir the whipped coffee into the milk and enjoy it!
Frequently Asked Questions for Dalgona Coffee:
Q: Will the dalgona coffee recipe work with splenda?
A: I am sure it will work well if you use Splenda. It does the same thing as what sugar does, to sweeten the coffee.
Q: Where did dalgona coffee come from?
A: The coffee originated from Macau, which a South Korean actor named after the Korean dalgona.
Q: Do you need instant coffee to make whipped coffee or can you use coffee grounds?
A: You must use instant coffee so that you will get a smooth texture.
Q: Do you think it would work with instant espresso powder?
A: Yes, for sure. I think it will just result in a stronger taste of the coffee.
Q: My foam is not forming the stiff peak, should I just whisk longer?
A: Yes, just continue to whisk it longer to form a creamy peak.
More Drink Recipes:Print
Make a cup and take a sip of this deliciously decadent Dalgona Coffee that is so popular on social media!
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 3-4 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings only 1x
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee or instant espresso
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a large bowl, add the coffee, sugar, and mix on high until the mixture thickens and has a consistency similar to whipped cream.
- Fill a glass 2/3 full with milk and ice. Spoon the coffee topping over the milk to fill the glass.
- Stir the whipped coffee into the milk and enjoy!
Keywords: dalgona Coffee
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!